Teen girls wearing skimpy dresses out in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fashions are different now, but what you wear doesn't mean how "loose" you are.

I mean, how dare women go to the pool with swim suit on, especially bikini for God's sake!!!!

You see the logic there?

I'm more concerned about whether they hang out with people that drink alcohol or smoke than the clothes. You can wear long sleeves and get into trouble drinking, much bigger trouble, than wearing shorts and obeying everything else.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
I'm more disturbed by how often misogynistic threads get started on this forum.

How is it misogynistic to want your daughter to act like she has some self respect?

How does dressing provocatively relate to self respect?

If a girl was sleeping around with every guy in her high school then maybe.

Not to mention there's next to no blame put on males. Why is there a double standard? Is it okay for a fully grown, adult male to refer to teenage females as 'prostitutes'? Is that called respect?

last year when I attended my BIL's high school graduation, I wished I was back in school again...But, being the father of two beautiful little girls, I am terrified of what the future holds.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Falken
My daughter is half Chinese and half Caucasian and boys in the park are already kissing her and giving her grubby flowers.

This is going to be a lifelong problem I imagine.

Hang in there, there have to be a few strong men out there that raise the future girlfriends, wives and mothers of the World.

Well, you can be sure that I won't be fixing the doorbell. Ever.

Get a concealed carry permit and accidently open your coat or jacket when the guys hang around.

smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: apwillard1986
Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Sorry no pictures. If I did snap pictures some would call the police and report an old perverted man snapping pictures of girls.

The sad part is, their father was with them and allowed their daughter to dress like a prostitute.

Trust me...I have 3 daughters...you don't know what you are talking about. Sure they dress a bit riskay. But, girls today are very different (at least mine are) when it comes to what they will "allow" boys to do. These kids have all grown up with AIDS, Herpes, HPV, etc. etc. So while there may be a lot of "show" there is much less "go".

^This^

A hundred years ago if a girl showed her ankles or shoulders it was risqué. It is a matter of perspective. I am very conservative but I think the more provocative style of today is embraced more for the sake of fitting in rather than any real increase in sexual promiscuity.

Parents learn to pick and choose their battles. Boundaries are important but at some point you have to ask if wearing a tank top in public is worth drawing any lines in the sand over. The most well adjusted and well-behaved young adults I know are the ones who treat their parents with respect because they recognize that their parents respect them. That respect usually translates into a desire to live up to their parents expectations and brings their behavior more in line with what they know their parents expect.

Having been in high school in the 2000 I can tell you more girls are more willing to give it up now than ever. Thinking anything else is just preposterous.

Agree with Asiancivicmaniac: Its misogynistic.

Again, none of us in our mid to late fifties should be saying a word, because it was the same back then, or more so and we married those girls.

As far as the "self-respect self-esteem" argument goes, a good friend of mine with a pretty teenage daughter complained to me that he wished his daughter wore a little make-up and got herself a boyfriend, as it would be good for her self-respect. (she evidently gets teased out of it by her friends--envy, I suspect). Funny, but you never see old guys lamenting young girls not doing enough to get boyfriends and thereby bolstering their self-respect. Why is that?

The truth is, adolescent women, children really, reach sexual maturity and thereby exercise a considerable amount of influence on the men around them. Not all of said men are of an appropriate age. Some of these young girls experiment with their new found power with provocative clothes. There is resentment there. But that's what it mostly is, resentment, sexual longing and and guilt, not moral guidance.

So, the adults of my youth had the right idea: Back off.

Originally Posted By: Mykl
I'm more disturbed by how often misogynistic threads get started on this forum.

How is it misogynistic to want your daughter to act like she has some self respect?

How does dressing provocatively relate to self respect?

If a girl was sleeping around with every guy in her high school then maybe.

Not to mention there's next to no blame put on males. Why is there a double standard? Is it okay for a fully grown, adult male to refer to teenage females as 'prostitutes'? Is that called respect?

I think the point is that if you want respect you have to carry yourself a certain way. If your skirt shows your butt do you really think i should respect you? I will look at you like a hoochie. I wouldn't allow my wife to dress like that much less my daughter. A night on the town with my wife , sexy is fine sexy is classy. I think people have forgotten how to distinguish sexy and skimpy. Also a swim suit is different than skimpy shirts and skirts. Its as much as their outfit as it is their poise about it.

Some of the most attractive women and young ladies in the world dress conservatively and wear enough clothes to still invoke respect.

Growing up the only young women who dressed like skanks had a lot of miles on them. I felt sorry that their self worth was such that they degraded themselves to being an object as I knew if they ever wanted to become more it take a monumental change. Fast forward today and the young women who dress like that actually do have a lot of miles on them even at a younger age. It's terrible to think that they have experienced all the things they openly talk about when they have a whole live ahead of them to live still. Their self esteem is low.

I agree with many that their parents have failed them. Too much tolerance to children pushing the envelope is a dis-service to them, they are worth more than that.

Dressing immodestly is like she has rolled in manure and she'll only attract pigs. It may be a trite saying, but deep down everyone knows its true. Those who treat themselves with respect, get respect in return.

Originally Posted By: daddi
A few weeks back several girls on there way to prom stopped in the retail store I work in in the evening to show themselves off to their mom.

Noticing these girls dressed to the hilt I had to go up front and get a closer look. The girls dresses were very revealing. Showing lots of cleavage and leg. But the thing I noticed most were the tattoo's that all of the girls had. Tat's on the arms, neck, upper and lower back, I was amazed. And these girls were probably 16 or 17.

I went to prom in 1983 and girls did NOT look like this!!

That amazes me. I've noticed the same thing. Few features are worse than tattoos on a woman, IMO. But to think that an immature teenager gets some ugly thing on her is just sad.

Cue Miley Cyrus.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: daddi
A few weeks back several girls on there way to prom stopped in the retail store I work in in the evening to show themselves off to their mom.

Noticing these girls dressed to the hilt I had to go up front and get a closer look. The girls dresses were very revealing. Showing lots of cleavage and leg. But the thing I noticed most were the tattoo's that all of the girls had. Tat's on the arms, neck, upper and lower back, I was amazed. And these girls were probably 16 or 17.

I went to prom in 1983 and girls did NOT look like this!!

That amazes me. I've noticed the same thing. Few features are worse than tattoos on a woman, IMO. But to think that an immature teenager gets some ugly thing on her is just sad.

Cue Miley Cyrus.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winnar!

While the dresses might be racy to some, those disgusting "tramp stamps" on beautiful young, fresh faced girls is revolting. It is like graffiti on a beautiful building.

Something that also astonishes me is that through out history tattoos as such are the mark of a slave or chattel. It is VERY consistent across the centuries in many cultures even during biblical times. It is surprising that more people do not realize this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Some of the most attractive women and young ladies in the world dress conservatively and wear enough clothes to still invoke respect.

Growing up the only young women who dressed like skanks had a lot of miles on them. I felt sorry that their self worth was such that they degraded themselves to being an object as I knew if they ever wanted to become more it take a monumental change. Fast forward today and the young women who dress like that actually do have a lot of miles on them even at a younger age. It's terrible to think that they have experienced all the things they openly talk about when they have a whole live ahead of them to live still. Their self esteem is low.

I agree with many that their parents have failed them. Too much tolerance to children pushing the envelope is a dis-service to them, they are worth more than that.

Dressing immodestly is like she has rolled in manure and she'll only attract pigs. It may be a trite saying, but deep down everyone knows its true. Those who treat themselves with respect, get respect in return.

Another great post that I agree 100% with. Pity that the relativists have can't see what is right in front them and what the effect is. Oh well. Things like this I just try to ignore or it make me feel really sad about our culture.

Many of these issues come from the too PC crowd and parents not wanting to be parents but friends of their kids.

My neighbors daughter (14) was out playing basketball the other day in her string bikini. Mom sitting in chair smoking cigarette cursing on the phone on front stoop. Their pool was not opened yet. My wife asked my kids what they thought about it. They both said she looks like a sex starved tramp. Then her new very ethnically dark boyfriend came over which is a very stark contrast to her very typically Irish complexion. My father-in-law who lives with us just walked away in disgust.

I was at 7-11 late one night and mom and daughter walked in coming from local high school mother/daughter dance with dresses very skimpy (both of them). Mom bent over to get something on low shelf revealing her lack of underwear, daughter got in car afterward and her looser top slipped so whole boob fell out. Obviously leading by example and living up to expectations.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Sequoiasoon
Many of these issues come from the too PC crowd and parents not wanting to be parents but friends of their kids.

My neighbors daughter (14) was out playing basketball the other day in her string bikini. Mom sitting in chair smoking cigarette cursing on the phone on front stoop. Their pool was not opened yet. My wife asked my kids what they thought about it. They both said she looks like a sex starved tramp. Then her new very ethnically dark boyfriend came over which is a very stark contrast to her very typically Irish complexion. My father-in-law who lives with us just walked away in disgust.

I was at 7-11 late one night and mom and daughter walked in coming from local high school mother/daughter dance with dresses very skimpy (both of them). Mom bent over to get something on low shelf revealing her lack of underwear, daughter got in car afterward and her looser top slipped so whole boob fell out. Obviously leading by example and living up to expectations.

Ok, so "ethically dark" is now offensive and not self respecting?

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
[/quote]
That's poor parenting.

EXACTLY. Also +1 on you do not have to be dressed like a prostitute/stripper to turn heads. FWIW I am 22 years old saying this...so it is not just a generational thing IMO.

I went to a Catholic School 8th grade Graduation Ceremony last night. Behind me were two girls no more than 15 years old dressed like sluts you'd see working a street corner. How their parents let them out of the house to attend a Ceremony at Church was beyond me. Poor parenting at its best, and a sign of the times!

I do recall a few girls in high school who were sent home for "poor dress" in the eyes of principle. One beyond short skirts and she was well endowed and wore tigh or low cut shirts then. The other wore low cut breast all the time.

Well Facebook comes around as I was friends with them then. One is pediatrician and the other VP of a major corporation. They both still look great for 40 and dress more on racy side.

Parenting failure, not...

A friend's son years ago was a cop for a little city on one of Florida's beaches. The city had a local ordinance on how small bikinis could legally be. The cops actually had rulers in their squad cars to measure thongs and how much cheek was showing. We used to laugh about what a hard job the friend's cop son had.

Originally Posted By: Oldasco
A friend's son years ago was a cop for a little city on one of Florida's beaches. The city had a local ordinance on how small bikinis could legally be. The cops actually had rulers in their squad cars to measure thongs and how much cheek was showing. We used to laugh about what a hard job the friend's cop son had.

Now there's a job with some nice perks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back