Recommendations please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Update #2 the oils has been changed.
Observations:
I was sort of hoping that the oil would have been a touch darker after the Rislone treatment.
-Leads me to believe that my engine wasnt so sludged-up, but I have no idea about varnish though..

- the Rislone treatment sure did quiet the valve noise, even at cold start-up. Now that I am running new oil, the clacking is back.
Thanks for all your input.
Jean

Mobil and Shell and Chevron -Texaco to name a few
want to delete certain chemicals from there oil
based additive packages. There additive supplier
( yes they all use the same company )spent the better part of a year, trying to "Fractionalize" Auto-Rx to be the replacement for the above mentioned additives. Auto-Rx is natural non hazardous chemistry and it works on ratio's however it is designed to perform at 2 ounces per quart of oil. Chevron -Texzco is more experienced at selling aftermarket products and they understand Auto-Rx must be a sold as a stand alone product. Since Terry Dyson & myself had to along with others sign secrecy agreements, all I can tell you none of the other products mentioned on this post were ever considered by these company's.

Chevron -Texzco is more experienced at selling aftermarket products and they understand Auto-Rx must be a sold as a stand alone product

Techron is included in Chevron gasoline, AS WELL as being sold as a stand alone product..........

That is all that is needed to be said about that statement IMO

Frank stated:"all I can tell you none of the other products mentioned on this post were ever considered by these company's"

I'm sorry frank, but that statement does not make one product better or worse than any other. Your product should be marketed on it's merits not what an additive company may or may not have considered. The auto rx has it's own excellent merits without having to drag in mis info. Who is to know what they may or may not have considered in the past as I'm sure many of us, including yourself I'd bet, are not privy to all of their internal operations.

To qualify an additive by this means is very mis leading and I don't think you would consider it as a valid way to consider a chemical or additive based on what some company considered or not for their applications.

wow, guess I should consider not using consider so much in one statment huh. Well, I'll consider if I need to reduce my us of the word consider, but in the mean time, consider what I said about what a company may consider..
grin.gif

[ January 28, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

I'm not a chemical engineer by any means and this may be totally stupid but If you can simply add RX to oil in your engine gearbox ps at any amount and it will mix...Why can't they meter in minute amounts in the blending process before the oil is bottled??? Makes no sense to me
confused.gif

Using Auto-RX is a two-step procedure. There is first a complete cleaning using one or two bottles, depending on engine mileage and condition. Then a maintenance dose of 2-3 ounces per oil change to prevent further build-up. Adding a small quantity to a quart of oil will not help to clean the engine in any significant manner without the initial cleaning procedure. Therefore, Auto-RX needs to be a stand-alone product.

But if this RX treated oil was used from new it would never need that. And the customer would likely realize a cleaner and less worn engine than if they used another oil. Also I was refering to it's benefits as AW that has been stated here, due to its micel action. That should be independant of any cleaning treatment.

[ January 28, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Jason Troxell ]

Chevron sells Techron concentrate "stand alone" for complete cleaning. Chevron adds it as well to it's gasoline for maintenance and slow cleaning ( as well as a great marketing tool).

You would think a major manufacturer like Chevron could figure that out.....AGAIN....... with auto-rx....

[ January 28, 2003, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

Thanks for this link! This is helpful info. Is there any other publicly available info on other "functionalities" of Auto-Rx besides that of what is known about the function of esters in an engine?

PS - Boy was I dense! The link for the MSDS is right there on their home page.

[ January 28, 2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: 68redlines73 ]

tenderloins,

if the cost were one-half cent per quart of oil to add any additional component to oil, and sales were one million quarts the cost is only 5k. However, the way large corporations work, they would rather save that 5k and pay CEO additional 500k. That's just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back