New Hankook High Performance Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hankook has the new Ventus V2 Concept H437 High Performance tire. UTQG 500 AA A at reasonable price at onlinetires.com. Discount Tire Direct and Discount Tire have few sizes for now, it is so new only few reviews on DiscountTire.com.

Originally Posted By: dparm
No way is that thing going to be a serious performance tire with that UTQG rating of 500.

I chuckle to myself when I see those ratings on a performance tire. My Michelin PS2s are a 220.

Yep, you'd probably laugh at my Toyo Proxes 4's at 300 treadwear. They're all seasons, too.

I've got 1.8x 60 foot times at the strip AND set fast lap at a road course event last year on them. Terrific tire.

My next set will be Hankook Ventus V12's unless something else catches my eye. Only problem is sizing. I need 245/45/20 front and 275/40/20 rear.

I got 8000 miles out of my last set of PS2's!

They were fun miles, but they were by far the most expensive tires I ever bought for that car.

Hankook Ventus V2 Concept H437 is a High Performance Tire, not Ultra High Performance Tire.

These Ultra High Performance Tires(All-Season) are rated at 500 or higher: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, Continental ExtremeContact DWS, Yokohama AVID ENVigor (W-speed), according to Tirerack.

I don't expect Ventus V2 Concept H437 to perform as good as Ultra High Performance Tires, Summer or All-Season, or even High Performance Summer from other manufactures. But the price is much lower at around $90-100 for 235/45-17. I may pick this Hankook tire when I replace my DWS on my E430 next year.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Yep, you'd probably laugh at my Toyo Proxes 4's at 300 treadwear. They're all seasons, too.

I, for one, would not "laugh" at the Proxes 4s AT ALL!!

The ONLY reason I bought the BFG g force supersport all seasons instead of them is because they were ONLY available in a V rating in my size.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back