Vehicle recommendation for the war zone use

I would like to tap into your collective mind. I’m back home again for yet another tour of defending my fatherland — The Ukraine 🇺🇦

I need a vehicle to travel around and near the front lines. Roads here often resemble the worst of the metro Detroit and then some. Often there is no time to slow down much for the potholes — I don’t expect to drive full speed into them, but no tip toeing around them either most of the time. Cars here experience extra heavy duty use

My budget is $10,000 and not more.

what kind of vehicle (year, make, model) comes to your mind to serve in the above environment, that would cost NOT MORE then $10,000 in USA?

Thanks!

*I shall add that my colleagues use even passenger cars in this environment, so it is not like it’s Wrangler-Rubicon-only type of an environment, but it is pretty, pretty bad
Thanks for what you are doing....my family is also from Ukraine, 2 generations ago.

There is a farmer on AgTalk that is getting small 4x4 pickups from England and bringing them to Ukraine for hauling soldiers. I would think a Tacoma is the US equivalent and would serve you well. Finding one for $10k will be the issue.

Lots of F250's being used in the Middle East these days as well.....

Thanks for what you are doing....my family is also from Ukraine, 2 generations ago.

There is a farmer on AgTalk that is getting small 4x4 pickups from England and bringing them to Ukraine for hauling soldiers. I would think a Tacoma is the US equivalent and would serve you well. Finding one for $10k will be the issue.

Lots of F250's being used in the Middle East these days as well.....

I was thinking F250 4x4 6.2L/6R100....Nobody builds a tougher chassis than Ford. Just install new cab mounts!

for starters what fuel is easiest to get ?
Yes, curious minds want to know.

Also, answer this?

QUOTE: {what kind of vehicle (year, make, model) comes to your mind to serve in the above environment, that would cost NOT MORE then $10,000 in USA?}

Do you mean $10K to spend in the USA or USA $$$$ to spend in Ukraine? Because shipping from USA and logistics would be excessive $$$$

Reactions: GON
What makes anyone think that a civilian vehicle in a war zone is not a target? Even if you are not targeted by military someone will want your stuff.

Yes, curious minds want to know.

Also, answer this?

QUOTE: {what kind of vehicle (year, make, model) comes to your mind to serve in the above environment, that would cost NOT MORE then $10,000 in USA?}

Do you mean $10K to spend in the USA or USA $$$$ to spend in Ukraine? Because shipping from USA and logistics would be excessive $$$$
Bingo, I suspect the thread starter has a $10k USD to purchase the vehicle in Ukraine, or nearby nation.

I

This. I was going to say Toyota Fortuner which is based on the Hilux. It would seem like the USA is obsessed with unibodies while the rest of the world wants body on frame. Not everyone is going to soccer and ice hockey practice.
In the US vehicles are part of personas rather than being something to fill a basic need. Soccers Moms and Office Dads want trucks and SUVs solely because it makes them feel like they’re still sexy and cool. Karen and Kyle don’t want to admit sexy and cool went out the window two kids and 50lbs ago.

I would like to tap into your collective mind. I’m back home again for yet another tour of defending my fatherland — The Ukraine 🇺🇦

I need a vehicle to travel around and near the front lines. Roads here often resemble the worst of the metro Detroit and then some. Often there is no time to slow down much for the potholes — I don’t expect to drive full speed into them, but no tip toeing around them either most of the time. Cars here experience extra heavy duty use

My budget is $10,000 and not more.

what kind of vehicle (year, make, model) comes to your mind to serve in the above environment, that would cost NOT MORE then $10,000 in USA?

Thanks!

*I shall add that my colleagues use even passenger cars in this environment, so it is not like it’s Wrangler-Rubicon-only type of an environment, but it is pretty, pretty bad

Thank you for what you are doing. For freedom, yours, and ours.

People in Ukraine or nearby countries might know better what is available and what is good.

I have seen videos of soldiers using just about any type of car, except luxury cars. I don't imagine the lifespan of the car is very long.

I thought men between ages of 18-65 or something like that weren’t allowed to leave Ukraine? 🤔
Originally yes however things change over time. I know firefighter who was stuck for a years there while family balance went to refugee camp and thankfully local church met them and brought locally. The daughter who fled with mum is going to be a D1 college tennis player next year.

Whatever vehicle you get, I think some nice camo for the urban environment would be the burned out car look:

Burned out car.JPG

It cost you more to smuggle things to the front line than the supplies you want to buy. Buy whatever works nearby easy for you to ship is my recommendation. If you want the most proven "war machine" from the 3rd world, it is usually a Toyota Hilux.

Guys please keep politics out of this and focus on vehicles.

You need to find a video that shows this whole vehicle. I even has flames that come out the side.
This is what ya need. Actually we all need cars like this now, especially in this area.

You need to find a video that shows this whole vehicle. I even has flames that come out the side.
This is what ya need. Actually we all need cars like this now, especially in this area.

The "control panel" looks like a 5th graders science project. Stripped sheetrock screws, janky labeling, terrible upholstery.

Makes me wonder what the "armor" is made of.

Control Panel.JPG

Back