Tried B12 chemtool, now should I try Seafoam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted this in another topic I had going, but I thought I would start a new thread on it.

I finally got around to using this kit http://www.midwayautosupply.com/detailedproductdescription.asp?3609
and I don't think it did much. It feels like it might idle a bit smoother (probably my imagination) but I didn't get much smoke at all.

I sucked it through the PCV Vacuum. I sucked it through at about 2500 rpms and now I'm thinking I should have sucked it through idling. Idling it just didn't seem like much was pulling through. This was in a 00 chevy 5.3L. I turned off motor after the can emptied and let sit for 20 minutes before driving.

I am planning on changing plugs and wires tomorrow. I'm wondering if I should go get a can of Seafoam and try again. This time letting it soak longer.

I have a few gallons of LC here too. I was thinking of pouring 1-2 ounces into each plug but I'm worried I might hydrolock it or something. I am a newbie and just not sure I should Chance it even though I really want to.

The main thing holding me back from trying anything else is the fact I just changed my oil and added Auto-RX. I won't be able to drain oil after another fogging.

What do you guys think?

By the way, this truck has 112,000 miles and was semi neglected. I just purchased it at a steal and trying to get her back in shape.

I used Seafoam with pretty good results. Of course nothing spectacular but it did idle better after and seems to have been throttle response. I sucked it in through a vacuum line on my intake. Then let sit overnight. I started it in the morning and it blew white smoke for a while which is what it is suppose to do. I then drove the car for a day and changed the oil because it turned my oil super black and i've never seen black oil in my engine. So i'm assuming that it did it's job and removed a bunch of carbon and junk.

Suck it in kinda slow otherwise you will probably stall your engine.

I would wait until you have finished the ARX cleaning phase and rinse, before the next intake fog cleansing. Or perhaps do it just before you are ready to change out the rinse oil.

Chemtool will smoke a bit but on the whole is more volitile and combustable than Seafoam. I've never used the kit, though so I don't know if it's EXACTLY the same formulation. I have a 4 cyl so I always just pour it down the plug holes.

quote:

Originally posted by BrianWC:
Chemtool will smoke a bit but on the whole is more volitile and combustable than Seafoam. I've never used the kit, though so I don't know if it's EXACTLY the same formulation. I have a 4 cyl so I always just pour it down the plug holes.

I thought the kit was a bit more potent than the regular bottle? The kit states NOT to put it in the tank. I don't know though if their reason is that in the tank the chemical will dilute and lose some effectiveness or if doing so would damage fuel system components due to a stronger concentration/mixture.

I would put 1 quart of LC20 in with a full tank of gas and drive it until it is almost empty. I did this on the wifes Buick and it did a nice job cleaning the fuel system. Some disagree with useing LC20 in the fuel because of the high phosphurus content but if you already have it then why not. Now I am not saying that anyone should regularly use LC20 in their fuel system but for shock cleaning a really dirty system and lubeing the system at the same time nothing works beter.

After your auto-rx treatment and rinse is over run double the current instructions on the side of the LC20 bottle in the oil until clean!

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
I would put 1 quart of LC20 in with a full tank of gas and drive it until it is almost empty. I did this on the wifes Buick and it did a nice job cleaning the fuel system. Some disagree with useing LC20 in the fuel because of the high phosphurus content but if you already have it then why not. Now I am not saying that anyone should regularly use LC20 in their fuel system but for shock cleaning a really dirty system and lubeing the system at the same time nothing works beter.

After your auto-rx treatment and rinse is over run double the current instructions on the side of the LC20 bottle in the oil until clean!

I also have a few gallons of FP60. I have been running that in everything that takes gas. I was just running the Chemtool as part of a tuneup because I just bought this truck. I didn't realize that FP60 can be run through a vacuum as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back