beyyrmans b12

Hey guys i have a question. i have a 02 tahoe 5.3 my son was supposed to use seafoam thru the brake booster line but accidentally grabbed the berrymans b12 and ran half a can thru the booster line. i did the ole italian tune up hoping id get it out as soon as i could but it shut off once while coming to a stop sign and when restarted had a big puff of black smoke. seems to be running ok now but im panicking do you think he damaged anything? is there anything else you guys can think of i should do? thanks

Been using this stuff on my carbed mowers for years with no trouble. Just use as directed.

EDIT: I didn't realize you're talking about running B12 through the brake booster? Just need to run some DOT 4 through the lines to purge it out.

Last edited:
Hey guys i have a question. i have a 02 tahoe 5.3 my son was supposed to use seafoam thru the brake booster line but accidentally grabbed the berrymans b12 and ran half a can thru the booster line. i did the ole italian tune up hoping id get it out as soon as i could but it shut off once while coming to a stop sign and when restarted had a big puff of black smoke. seems to be running ok now but im panicking do you think he damaged anything? is there anything else you guys can think of i should do? thanks
Did your son rev the engine while doing this, or was he doing this with the engine idling?

Are you planning on doing an oil change soon?

Did your son rev the engine while doing this, or was he doing this with the engine idling?

Are you planning on doing an oil change soon?
when i came out i saw him revv it a couple times because it was going to stall but other than that no. and yes i will defiantly do an oil change now.

when i came out i saw him revv it a couple times because it was going to stall but other than that no. and yes i will defiantly do an oil change now.

He did good, meaning your son, before a big problem could have occured.

In the future let your son know if he is going to do this again, to do the procedure with a fairly good rev, like 2000 rpms or so, as opposed to the idling thing.

B12 never hurt anything... Exept some of my screwdriver handles. It made them cloudy for some reason. Carb cleaner and acetone both do the same thing to that one screwdriver set, the rest seem more resistant to chemicals.

Might have done it some good actually. Most of it woulda just burned up in the combustion chamber and whatever got by into the crankcase wouldn’t last long anyway.
I’d imagine it did more than sea foam would have but still not much in the way of cleaning by that method.

Back