Supertech base oil changes

🥱🥱🥱

Whatever. Don’t like Super Tech: stop complaining and whining and find another oil. You don’t have facts and data. GROW UP ALSO!!!
Dont let him boil your blood. I'm waiting to see his request for the MSDS sheet and maybe he will gracefully share it with the community. Its been 15 days and he hasn't decided. Meanwhile Supertech will fly off the shelves recycled oil or not. 🤷‍♂️

1693435594924.jpg

Until UOAs are available for these new so-called “inferior“ re-refined ST oils, it’s all pretty much speculation anyway. There was ONE bad PQIA Valvoline NextGen UOA (non-HM blend 5W20), I don’t recall hearing any issues with using it. The Feds use TONS of Safety-Kleen, so they would be the first to have problems…

It is rather hypocritical of many here on this board HAVE themselves including 53 stude have questioned oil and filters. Yet when someone else does this they are more or less belittled. If any actually read my post they would see that I USE Supertech and have done so off and on for many years. I am not trying to make anyone's blood boil but I DO NOT like for anyone to make an accusation against me especially when that person has had their OWN questions about a product. I am not COMPLAINING about Supertech but just questioning if they are making some or maybe all of their oils to a lesser quality. It seems that after WD was bought out that things started changing. Prices increased and PDS changed. Did the buyout have anything to do with it? I don't know but for those here to make snide remarks is uncalled for.This type of questioning goes on on this board all the time. That is BASICALLY what this board does on many of its topics. And yes I did get the MSDS for Supertech FS HM 5w30 and the CAS# can be considered part of spent oil but it doesn't distinguish whether or not is actually is.And also, I don't stay on the board,I don't post a lot. I have bern a member here for many years and have only I think a little over a thousand posts and considering how people get treated,it is a wonder anyone posts anymore. Now before someone says I am a victim. I am in no way going to let someone here make me a victim. I do however consider decency and respect to be something a person should be treated with but it seems some here do not know their defenition.
This blender would clearly have an active procurement team shopping base stock prices for their paycheck … so, a formula will change within harmonizing agency/approver boundaries …
ST offers 0W20 and 5W30 in Dexos 1.3 which makes it a bit better than SP … still a good value regardless …

Their high mileage full Syn 10w-30 is the only oil I’ve found that burns slower than anything else in my kids Kia. For that reason alone, I’ll keep buying it.

I realize this thread is a couple months old, but if the oil meets AP spec SN or SP or whatever (even Dexos I believe?) then not sure why it is being questioned? Those certs are pretty stringent I think, so not sure it's really an issue?

Maybe I don't understand the question.

A more accurate statement may be 're-refined' as opposed to recycled.

Just like the old Valvoline NextGen. Basically using old oil as the feedstock for the refining process. Saves a few steps in the beginning and of course requires less virgin oil.
I liked that NextGen oil. My wifes v6 honda at the time loved it. It used to burn off the M1 about a quart every 2k but the NextGen barely dropped from full by 5k.

This may be true but there seems to be a lesser quality add pack as well. I know that some here will say you can't go by what a PDS or voa has listed but if that is the case then why do companies even have them? Why do many here post them? A PDS and voa may not tell you everything but it can give you an idea of how good an oil might be. If you take a PDS of the STAM from a short time ago you find higher additive contents such as moly and boron, even zinc. That is not so now. They have been lowered quite a bit. While it may still meet the API standards, it doesn't seem to me to be what it used to be. I have used ST off and on for years and have been using it for the past few. I am just wondering if it is the high performer it once was. The buyout of Warren Distribution/Warren Performance Packaging(Products) seems to be when things started to change.
Changing the DI add pack would not be needed if re-refined base oil was used as the re-refined base oil has an almost identical molecular structure.

What in the oil properties of the PDS or the VOA's you have done that leads you to believe that a different or inferior additive package is being used?

Last edited:
Re-refined or virgin base oil If the product meets API standards i will use it. Safety kleen which is re-refined is good stuff it is used at work and performs just fine in the work trucks.

Back