Rate this tire: Cooper CS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Maybe the Tripletread on not design for a Caddy. Funny thing with this tire, when I turn, the steering wheel had a choppy feel to it, but only with the Tripltread.

As for Cooper, they ride nice! Quite and seem to handle quite well. Only have 100 miles on them so I will report back later.

Cooper CS4's are not designed and built to sell on price. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Dave K

Certainly Cooper makes some "value tires". the new one that they sell at Sears seems to be one of them, but the CS4???

alot of R&D and money was spent developing the CS4. I would buy a set. built to very close tolerances. they also use a unique mold-venting design to eliminate the "nubbies" and prevent material waste. I have a set of Pep Boys Definity Dakota HT's on my Jeep. I'm very happy with them - especially in bad weather and light off-roading. they are not a bargain tire. They are MUCH better in the snow than whatever came from the factory on my Durango. that thing is miserable in the snow.

Originally Posted By: D.K.
Cooper CS4's are not designed and built to sell on price. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Dave K

An expensive Timex is still a Timex!

qship

I will state for you one more time.

COOPER CS4 TIRES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO SELL ON PRICE. WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

I will accept that Cooper does in fact make tires that are made cheaply and could be compared to a Timex watch. CS4's are not priced or made cheaply.

Dave K.

Well,Cooper has a deal with Sears, which should help out quite a bit.

A lot of people don't remember that Cooper does not spend a truckload of money on ads....hence the cheaper price point.

A neighbor has Cs4 on his focus, and they do just fine...

Nothing wrong with Cooper tires if you are looking for an inexpensive tire- but if you value performance,quality,durability, and ride quality ahead of initial upfront price there are certainly other brands that focus on those attributes ahead of cost-Michelin comes to mind.Coopers may be right for some folks, Michelin for others.....plenty of choices for all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qship1996
Nothing wrong with Cooper tires if you are looking for an inexpensive tire- but if you value performance,quality,durability, and ride quality ahead of initial upfront price there are certainly other brands that focus on those attributes ahead of cost-Michelin comes to mind.Coopers may be right for some folks, Michelin for others.....plenty of choices for all.

True.

I was considering the CS4s myself, but I don't want to give up the MPGs...

I'd still consider Cooper tires, just depending on what I need....

Qshipz
Are you trying to say the if something cost more it is better?
Michelin and Goodyear both make tires that cost a lot and suck even more.

If you value quality, durability, and ride quality ahead of anything else you will put a set of Cooper CS4's on your vehicle.

You are right though, there are plenty of choices for others including Michelin, Goodyear.

Dave87rs
You will not give up MPG with CS4's.

Dave K.

Last edited:
I wouldnt put Cooper tires on my car if they were free, as a matter of fact if they came on a car I bought, I would replace them with a higher quality better brand tire. Cooper CS4 are mediocre tires at best.Owner standards vary.

I wouldnt put Cooper tires on my car if they were free, as a matter of fact if they came on a car I bought, I would replace them with a higher quality better brand tire. Cooper CS4 are mediocre tires at best.Owner standards vary.

Ok, this is pointless. You obviously don't have a clue.
EOD

Dave K

I would have bought those tires for my work truck, they were expensive compared to the kuhmo tires i wanted, but ended up not getting, I wasnt happy at the time but it worked out ok when left discount tire.

Originally Posted By: D.K.

Ok, this is pointless. You obviously don't have a clue.
EOD

Dave K

Like I said, if you are OK with purchasing mediocre tires, the coopers are a excellent choice for you- nothing wrong with that.

I've had Cooper CS4's on my Mitsubishi Outlander for about 18 months now, and they are wonderful. Great traction in snow, low noise, and good wear. I'm very much considering them for my 2007 Honda Odyssey.

This thread really got out of hand.

The "low performance" allegations against all Cooper tires should be taken with zero credibility.

Some Cooper tires are low-cost low-performance models (Trendsetter, for example). High speed-rated CS4s are not in that category.

I noticed that Michelin was mentioned in the debate. Funny that brand should be mentioned. Sure, they're all high-cost, but some are low performance! Michelin Symmetry, for example.

I put a set of the T (80k) CS4s on our Intrepid recently. Though we've probably only put 800-1000 miles on them, we've had alot of snow here lately. So far, I'm satisfied with them.

I've had many sets of Coopers over the years, including the lower-priced ones (Trendsetters), and I think they are good tires. Overall, I think they make better tires than Goodyear.

Thread resurrect!

I'm considering replacing the Bridgestone Dueler HT687's on the Forester with Cooper CS4 T-rated. My main concern is risk of losing some mpg. I've read some reviews of the CS4 where folks complain of taking an MPG hit with them. The Dueler's were never impressive, but seem to roll easy. I dont want to put on a sluggy hard to roll tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back