New tire from Cooper-Goodyear

1692592765260.jpg

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has unveiled the new Cooper Cobra Instinct, a hyper-responsive, high-performance tire that delivers decisive maneuvering.

The Cobra Instinct combines all-season capabilities with sport performance. The tire is engineered with an asymmetrical tread pattern and sweeping tread grooves for agile traction, enhanced grip and improved braking distance on wet and snowy roads.

A signature sidewall designed with a snakeskin-inspired look is included on the tire as well.

“Outfitted for a range of high-performance Sedans, CUVS, SUVS and muscle cars, the Cooper Cobra Instinct was built to unlock vehicle performance and can deliver confidence and control to drivers behind the wheel,” says Michiel Kramer, director of product marketing, Goodyear.

“The tire is designed to keep up with the drivers and the quick decisions they make on the road without sacrificing the wet weather performance or sleek design.”

The Cooper Cobra Instinct is available in 25 sizes from 17 to 20 – inches in diameter. Features of the tire include a tread compound containing soybean for better tread and traction in cold weather; sweeping tread grooves; asymmetrical tread patterns; rim protector; and a strong, lightweight design

View attachment 174112

Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has unveiled the new Cooper Cobra Instinct, a hyper-responsive, high-performance tire that delivers decisive maneuvering.

The Cobra Instinct combines all-season capabilities with sport performance. The tire is engineered with an asymmetrical tread pattern and sweeping tread grooves for agile traction, enhanced grip and improved braking distance on wet and snowy roads.

A signature sidewall designed with a snakeskin-inspired look is included on the tire as well.

“Outfitted for a range of high-performance Sedans, CUVS, SUVS and muscle cars, the Cooper Cobra Instinct was built to unlock vehicle performance and can deliver confidence and control to drivers behind the wheel,” says Michiel Kramer, director of product marketing, Goodyear.

“The tire is designed to keep up with the drivers and the quick decisions they make on the road without sacrificing the wet weather performance or sleek design.”

The Cooper Cobra Instinct is available in 25 sizes from 17 to 20 – inches in diameter. Features of the tire include a tread compound containing soybean for better tread and traction in cold weather; sweeping tread grooves; asymmetrical tread patterns; rim protector; and a strong, lightweight design
You lost me at Goodyear....No thanks...

For the rodents that don't like the soybean based wire insulation.
I thought the same thing except it was the soy paste license plates which mice ate which came to mind.
a strong, lightweight design
The two don't go together in my world.
I saw a set of 4 new tires (Hankook-don't recall the model) at the curb with a FOR SALE sign and had to stop.
Their light weight surprised me immediately.
The owner appeared and said he wasn't going to waste his time/money/effort mounting them as he thought they'd lack strength.

In their marketing room:

"Hey, what's a good name with recognition that we can smear all over our new middle-of-the road tire?"
"How about Cobra?"
"Ok, combine it with something positive sounding. Cobra Instinct!"
"Let's do it."

Perfect tire for your Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Salon, Cutlass Supreme, or Cutlass!

In their marketing room:

"Hey, what's a good name with recognition that we can smear all over our new middle-of-the road tire?"
"How about Cobra?"
"Ok, combine it with something positive sounding. Cobra Instinct!"
"Let's do it."

Perfect tire for your Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Salon, Cutlass Supreme, or Cutlass!
I guess the silly name stuff works for the chinese tires, why not copy them!
I still like the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 as a bit of an over promising name, but they are UHP summer tires at least.

I had a set of new Coopers that came on a used Accord I bought. Six years old, 60K miles for $6K, five speed '97 Coupe.
The Coopers lacked wet grip but were okay in snow and they wore very well and that was when Cooper actually meant made by Cooper in Dayton, OH.
Would I buy a set?
Probably not, but they appear to be solid tires although I'd doubt that they'd perform as well as even the aging Michelin Primacy nor would they last as long.

Reactions: hrv
I have always been quite happy with Cooper tires.
After very a good experience with a pair of Cooper CS4 tires I bought a full set of CS5 which are on my car now.
I've always slowed down in the rain so I will never push any tire's wet handling limits.

And maybe they selected Cobra in response to another company's Scorpion.

The cooper cobra was a total turd of an antique tire that should have been retired about 1995.
It was produced unchanged since 1987.

LETS REUSE THAT NAME ON A NEW TIRE YEAHHHH.

Whats next Ford reusing the Pinto name? (/sarcasm) (I'd say maverick but that happened 😆)\

That all being said I wouldnt mind running a set if I could get them for dirt cheap.

The cooper cobra was a total turd of an antique tire that should have been retired about 1995.
It was produced unchanged since 1987.

LETS REUSE THAT NAME ON A NEW TIRE YEAHHHH.

Whats next Ford reusing the Pinto name? (/sarcasm) (I'd say maverick but that happened 😆)\

That all being said I wouldnt mind running a set if I could get them for dirt cheap.
So relevant

Back