Radar Detectors

Do they still offer the refresh in 2024. Some others radar detector companies eventually mark it as obsolete and stop doing updates.
I will get my two together today and do updates.If they are in fact outdated I will tell you and immediately be buying a new one. I’m constantly getting emails from passport pushing the new detectors but mine seem to nail KA way out.

Do they still offer the refresh in 2024. Some other radar detector companies eventually mark it as obsolete and stop doing updates.
Not sure, I'm gearing up for the newer V2 model. I looked back through my records and I bought my first one in 1996

I have 1 that I swap between vehicles.

My 9500ix is from 8/25/11 and the max is 5/17/14.So I haven’t sent them in for recalibration since 16 and that was for a magnet mount. Got everything together for updates. Honestly I haven’t had a ticket since before the two current ones,but holy cow they’re old.
IMG_2521.jpeg

Do they still offer the refresh in 2024. Some other radar detector companies eventually mark it as obsolete and stop doing updates.
I can tell you that if your V1 is too old, they'll tell you it can't be upgraded and offer you a decent (not great) credit for a trade-in.

Several years ago mine became useless because of the anti-collision stuff on newer vehicles (nothing like driving for several miles with a constant alert because some minivan is travelling at about the same speed you are). Because I don't spend the same amount of time on the interstate as I did when I bought my V1, I didn't take them up on their "offer".

I bought my Whistler XTR on Amazon in 2009 for $150.

Up until recently it worked pretty good, but I think it has electronic issues - it will go into its 3 hour power save cycle randomly. So its time for a new one. Too much Southern heat in the window likely. It however still does a good job picking up KA on the interstate a mile away, it gives you the strength, and does a decent job filtering the minivan sensors.

I can tell you that if your V1 is too old, they'll tell you it can't be upgraded and offer you a decent (not great) credit for a trade-in.

Several years ago mine became useless because of the anti-collision stuff on newer vehicles (nothing like driving for several miles with a constant alert because some minivan is travelling at about the same speed you are). Because I don't spend the same amount of time on the interstate as I did when I bought my V1, I didn't take them up on their "offer".
Mine finally got to the end of life and I got a new V2 in 2020. They are Bluetooth enabled and you can easily update them that way with the file from Valentine. Also make adjustments if you want through the phone app.

The Valentine One, V1 is a very good choice. Easy to understand. Easy to configure. Incredible sensitivity and accuracy.

A money saving option is to search for a late model of the first generation, that's a "drivers favorite" and has no limitations or downsides. The S/N range is listed on Valentine One's website.

I finally did the updates on my 11-passport 9500 ix and 14 max and no issues whatsoever Did the garmin drive 65 and need a 4mb mini for a map upgrade
IMG_2529.jpeg
IMG_2528.jpeg
IMG_2527.jpeg
IMG_2525.jpeg

Back