Switched from T-Mobile to US Mobile

Switched from Verizon to Tello several mo ago. $10 mo, unlimited talk/text, 2g. The signal strength is excellent in my area.

Switched from Verizon to Tello several mo ago. $10 mo, unlimited talk/text, 2g. The signal strength is excellent in my area.

Tried TELLO for 20 days. Couldn’t call or text anyone. Went to Verizon; never switch again. $25/month unlimited talk text 16g data month with veteran discount.

Figured I'd give a 30 day update now that I'm "officially" a customer: the service is great! There's really nothing else to say. There's a 5G SA tower about half a mile from our house that has bands 25 and 71, I get ~180 meg DL speeds on the couch and 250+ closer to the cell site.

The main TMO tower is ~1.5 miles away, so signal is really never an issue even out here in the boonies.

Why not get Metro BYOD for $25 unlimited tax included instead? The advantage I've heard with Metro is you get domestic roaming. This can come in handy, I wish I had had them when I took to trip to the Colorado river. T-mobile roamed on ATT but I got no signal on Mint Mobile. I had to buy a temporary esim from Visible (verizon) to get data while we were there. Also I think only the Verizon plan on US Mobile gets the priority data, not the T-mobile variant.

Why not get Metro BYOD for $25 unlimited tax included instead? The advantage I've heard with Metro is you get domestic roaming. This can come in handy, I wish I had had them when I took to trip to the Colorado river. T-mobile roamed on ATT but I got no signal on Mint Mobile. I had to buy a temporary esim from Visible (verizon) to get data while we were there. Also I think only the Verizon plan on US Mobile gets the priority data, not the T-mobile variant.

Eh, for the $4 a month it's worth it to be out of the T-Mobile ecosystem (aside from using their towers).

Oddly enough, I've caught my phone roaming on both Verizon AND AT&T in the last couple days.

Priority data isn't an issue where I live. Almost no one here uses TMO.

Hi everyone, thought I'd ask for some advice here on carriers. My wife and I are on T-mobile - have been for 20 years. For 2 lines of unlimited everything we pay $140 a month. I believe $25 of that is to pay for her phone she purchased from them. So let's say we're paying $125 a month all in. Our obligation ends in October and I would love to lower our bill significantly. Also I just turned 60 if that makes a difference. Would love to hear some recommendations from you guys on what we should do/try. One thing I wanted to mention also is that we live in a mid size city, and good coverage is really important to us. My wife uses her phone a lot to do things online - watch vids, etc, and I use mine a fair amount but not as much as many people. Anyway, thank you!

Hi everyone, thought I'd ask for some advice here on carriers. My wife and I are on T-mobile - have been for 20 years. For 2 lines of unlimited everything we pay $140 a month. I believe $25 of that is to pay for her phone she purchased from them. So let's say we're paying $125 a month all in. Our obligation ends in October and I would love to lower our bill significantly. Also I just turned 60 if that makes a difference. Would love to hear some recommendations from you guys on what we should do/try. One thing I wanted to mention also is that we live in a mid size city, and good coverage is really important to us. My wife uses her phone a lot to do things online - watch vids, etc, and I use mine a fair amount but not as much as many people. Anyway, thank you!
We have T-Mobile Magenta 55+ actual payment for two lines is $70. This is our second year with it, loaded with extras and of course unlimited everything including a limited number of airline data flights per year.

I think that plan is not available anymore, we are grandfathered in, prices have gone up, plans replaced. But they still offer a plan that would cost less than $70 if that is enough features for you... or take the OP advice, go to US Mobile or even Boost Mobile. I would never and have never paid more than $70 a month but in your case you did tie a phone purchase in with them.

The best T-Mobile IMO is Mint Mobile. It is about 18 beans (w/taxes and 911access) a month and the service and signal quality here on the NE side of the KC metro is A-OK. I can choose 4 or 5g. I use 4g when walking because if I use 5g, all the people who have T-Mobile 5g in their home can cause my Sirius XM to pause. There are 5 homes on my walking circle for sure and maybe 3 others.

i have RED POCKETS $60 YEARLY E-Bay plan as i use the unhealthy cell phone only when i REALLY need it!!! their customer service is POOR with typical hard to understand agents so CHATTING is better, they have many plans + carriers at varying prices!!

Another win for US Mobile:

I've been seeing some weird phantom hotspot usage showing up on my account, even though mobile hotspot is NEVER turned on on my device. It's not a large amount of data, sometimes 2-3 megs a day, sometimes as high as 70 megs. I posted the issue on the USM sub-reddit a little after 9 pm CST, and within 10 minutes I received a DM from one of their reps. He could see the phantom usage on his end, but couldn't explain it so he told me to keep an eye on it and message him back directly with any details.

You tell me another mobile company who's CS reps engage in that fashion. Bet you can't.

I ran across this today, T-Mobile prepaid. When they purchased Sprint they had to sell off Boost for the FCC to approve the purchase.
Boost is not the 4th primary cell phone company in the USA>

T-Mobile prepaid solution is called "Connect" just watch out for those "Taxes and Fee's" I dont do taxes and fee's plans.

Back