Quick lube shop left the old filter on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
If I owned a Mini Cooper, I'd ask for video evidence and a witness for an oil filter change. That one is so bad, I don't believe most would do it.

Originally Posted By: camarokiller
I used to have a supercharged cobalt, and i would never take something like that to a quick lube. It was a major pita to change the cartrige filter. Had to pull the intake, a sensor or two, and needed to use a special short 32mm socket, a universal, and an extension to get to it. The can would never fully drain so you made a huge mess everytime. I bet there were lots of filters left in those cars.

Maybe those two cars are flagged as "No Can Do" when a customer asks for an oil change.
Certainly at least use a double-life Fram Ultra in those applications at least for fewer changes.

If everybody would just change their own oil, we wouldn't have threads like this.

One the easiest things to do on the face of this Earth is to change oil.

Merk, I agree completely, but we do have to face the fact that not everyone has a suitable place to do oil changes. Even a nice, level driveway isn't exactly good enough here in January.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Certainly at least use a double-life Fram Ultra in those applications at least for fewer changes.

You're getting out of control with this stuff. It is not a "double life" filter (whatever that means), and that "specification" appears nowhere on the product page. Lot of "up to" though and there is this funny little line at the bottom:

Follow recommended change intervals as noted in your vehicle owner's manual

Out yourself as a distributor or however else you're gaining from this or maybe try dialing it back a bit.

Originally Posted By: B20z
Originally Posted By: ExMachina

You're getting out of control with this stuff. It is not a "double life" filter (whatever that means), and that "specification" appears nowhere on the product page. Lot of "up to" though and there is this funny little line at the bottom:
Follow recommended change intervals as noted in your vehicle owner's manual
Out yourself as a distributor or however else you're gaining from this or maybe try dialing it back a bit.

You got me! According to your paranoia
crazy2.gif
, I distribute every product you don't like.
banana2.gif

Seriously, you really don't know anything about the ISO 4548-12 grams capacity on a double-thick Fram Ultra synthetic media. And, yes, its good for up to 15,000 miles. I wouldn't go that long if I lived in a dusty environment like the desert, maybe 10,000 miles there, or past 2 years, as the only real caveats, if that's what you're getting at. Hard to tell with your weird style.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak
Merk, I agree completely, but we do have to face the fact that not everyone has a suitable place to do oil changes. Even a nice, level driveway isn't exactly good enough here in January.
wink.gif

Also add half of November, December, January, February, March and half of April
mad.gif
. I hate winter!

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Also add half of November, December, January, February, March and half of April

If I really want to be picky, even October here can have a lot of unsuitable days for outdoor automotive work.

Originally Posted By: Garak
If I really want to be picky, even October here can have a lot of unsuitable days for outdoor automotive work.

You people up there should't be living there anyway. That area up there is not suitable to support human life. Seems like I heard somewhere that the planet Pluto has the same weather as Canada.

Almost.
wink.gif
And I've got another winter very soon on the way. As for quick lubes, I don't get it. One of the quick lubes near one of my businesses was just lined up to the street Saturday. I haven't seen them that busy for a while. Everyone is afraid of winter again, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back