*New Amsoil SSO 0w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been viewed 12,900 times. LOL. I really start some hot topics! LMAO!!

Could this thread be the new GC thread??? Hopefully Amsoil doesn't change the freeking cap colors or else we're in trouble!!
27.gif

Originally Posted By: harry j
buster, When are you going to update your Accord mileage.

harry, i'm going to keep it the same until I change the oil that way I'll know how many miles I have on it.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: harry j
buster, When are you going to update your Accord mileage.

harry, i'm going to keep it the same until I change the oil that way I'll know how many miles I have on it.

Good idea buster. Do you keep a maintenance book? I would be lost without mine. Who can remember the last time the distributor cap and rotor was changed for instance. How about the O2 sensor? I find that a record book keeps me focused, especially the MPG part. I always try to better the last entry. The last tank was 41.8 MPG. That raised the overall MPG to 39.8 MPG. That is close to 80% HWY and the rest local driving. I have been keeping up with the hypermiler web sites......some of that stuff is extreme!

I keep it all in my head. LOL

The Critic often reminds me too.

I'm liking the SSO though.

Originally Posted By: buster
I keep it all in my head. LOL

The Critic often reminds me too.

I'm liking the SSO though.

You must have a good head on your shoulders. You're right about the SSO, it's turning out to be a very good oil. A lot of people that I got to try it, are on their second and third OCI's. they all report a smoother running engine, runs cooler and except for one guy, a mileage increase.

im going to use this in my 03 escalade, right now in there is the amsoil 5-30. my friend was telling me not to use the 0-30 cause its gonna burn QUICK! any truth to this?

I'd hate to think what would happen if some of you lost interest in motor oil and started chasing women. No woman would be safe .... LOL

Originally Posted By: ES_EF_ED
im going to use this in my 03 escalade, right now in there is the amsoil 5-30. my friend was telling me not to use the 0-30 cause its gonna burn QUICK! any truth to this?

Nope. No truth at all.

Originally Posted By: va3ux

Nope. No truth at all.

thanks for the reply, hes actually trying to get me to use eneos 5-40 in my car but i was really happy with the amsoil 5-30.

I looked under the fill cap of a 2004 silverado (5.3 V8) running SSO today and it was DRY and clean! The dipstick was where it was when we filled it a month and a half ago and that was 4000 miles of heavy trailer hauling time ago. Switch over and you'll love it!

I can honsetly say that my wifes car starts quieter and runs smoother,no lie!!!! I haven't checked mileage yet but it's gonna have to top 21.5 running 85% city,just got that running Mobil dino 5w30. The Impala has 72k on the clock and has seen M1 0w30,GC 0w30 and a run of dino 5w30. This run is going the 17500 with SSO and an EAO filter,I'll uoa at that mark and then see if I can push it to 35!!!! Never thought I would be changing oil less and a year is unheard of!!

Aveo seems peppier but I don't drive this but maybe once a year,it'll go a year without reaching 17k,it does rev alot being a standard hooked to a 1.6L.

I'm loving this oil so far and only have 4 quarts on hand,after my love affair with GC 2 years ago and having 200+ qts on hand,I wanna restock my SSO but won't need any for a year is it worth buying more now??? I feel the need to have the power of the mighty SSO!

Going from a big time skeptic and nay-sayer I am a full fledged Amsoil guy!!!

There appear to be some almost irrationally devoted true believers regarding this particular product. It seems to evoke an almost religious fervor among certain devotees.

Originally Posted By: BerndV
There appear to be some almost irrationally devoted true believers regarding this particular product. It seems to evoke an almost religious fervor among certain devotees.

AMEN my brother AMEN!

Originally Posted By: BerndV

Yeah that is definitely part of it.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Harry ,the oil has been out for how long?

Steve, I have been using the SSO since November 2007. I think it came out just before that.

No truth at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back