Most popular vehicle by state

F150 does own the market in general. That list doesn't have too many surprises. I didn't think BMW still had that much market in California. I don't know what it would be otherwise though if it's not a Tesla.

Altima doesn't surprise me from Florida. I feel like I've seen a lot of crazy Altima videos from Florida.
Toyotas of all kinds everywhere here. Add in Lexus... CR-Vs...
German cars... Heck, we are the biggest market in the US, by far.

Toyotas really hold their value; Hondas are close. Be prepared to pay the "Toyota tax".

Hawaii is Tacoma by a mile. I never seen so many in my life in Kona and Hilo. Did they have a huge sale?

Lots of pickups in Utah. Almost exclusively 4x4. Utah does a great job clearing the snow. But when you need 4x4 you need it....

Can confirm, Pennsylvania has a bunch of F150's driving around. Mostly newer ones after the switch to aluminum. The salt is not kind around here.

Co-worker had a 2005 and the frame snapped in half one day driving to work. 😲

Your map is so outdated you can even see it in the old generations of vehicles pictured.
+2

Do they still make Grand Caravans? I can't believe there's still enough on the road to make a difference, but it was just one state, so maybe it's true.

There hasn't been a "Dodge" Ram truck for fourteen years, but that may be just a technicality.

Ugh. F150. I hate the US’ obsession with full size trucks. They are terrible vehicles overall and are outclassed in almost every way by vans. The only reasons to own a truck are if you go off road and if you tow regularly. There are better vehicles for working and hauling.

But no, everyone needs their brodozer.

I'd like to see the "Top 25 Vehicles" rather than the "#1 Vehicle" any day.
There are states where the array of what's owned would be very interesting.

NOTE: A relative lived in a particularly vibrant neighborhood of NYC. Included was a large apartment building on a rock ledge. This irregular ledge was used to make underground garages for which the tenants paid "above average". The building had immediate access to the highway.
The demographics of that address screamed 'gentrification' as the building was opened to college grads and professionals.
My relative lived in an adjacent older building.
The cars you'd see come and go as well as those of guests and tenants who didn't pay for garage space were quite varied.

Ugh. F150. I hate the US’ obsession with full size trucks.
I agree with an earlier comment that likely many of those F-150s are commercial vehicles, especially considering how many states it is No. 1 in. Here in town people generally aren't driving pickups as personal vehicles; that is much more of a rural thing.

I agree with an earlier comment that likely many of those F-150s are commercial vehicles, especially considering how many states it is No. 1 in. Here in town people generally aren't driving pickups as personal vehicles; that is much more of a rural thing.
They make terrible commercial vehicles too.

Texas/Houston would be the Altima, but none of them are actually registered, so they don't show on the stats

Saw this a few weeks ago. Temp tag from 2023, month whited out, no exhaust, no front bumper

View attachment 216378

Accurate picture of HPD sitting behind one of these

View attachment 216379
Seriously I saw a video in Chicago a situation escalated with man thrown to ground and tased for no plate and blacked out tints. In Philly, being straight up. No plate, no license, no insurance, 5% tints, nothing is done. Policy is to officially ignore. It borderline sickens me.

I can see you complaining about anything that you don't like but has absolutely zero effect on you.
Zero effect huh? The proliferation of full size+ trucks has effects on everyone. They are statistically much more likely to lead to pedestrian fatalities and cause more damage to other vehicles in crashes. They occupy more space, restrict more lines of sight, and emit more pollution than other vehicles.

Too many buyers purchase these trucks for image only and do not make regular use of the vehicle’s towing or offroad capabilities. Many buyers simply purchase their trucks because they feel it reinforces their masculinity.

I say this with a heavily modified, lifted off road truck in my garage. I’m not anti-truck, I’m against truck proliferation and size inflation for no purpose other than machismo. Buy a truck if you tow or off road.

Zero effect huh? The proliferation of full size+ trucks has effects on everyone. They are statistically much more likely to lead to pedestrian fatalities and cause more damage to other vehicles in crashes. They occupy more space, restrict more lines of sight, and emit more pollution than other vehicles.

Too many buyers purchase these trucks for image only and do not make regular use of the vehicle’s towing or offroad capabilities. Many buyers simply purchase their trucks because they feel it reinforces their masculinity.

I say this with a heavily modified, lifted off road truck in my garage. I’m not anti-truck, I’m against truck proliferation and size inflation for no purpose other than machismo. Buy a truck if you tow or off road.
so no they have no affect on you. unless you've been hit by one or suffer from pollution related illness.

also a Tacoma gets similar mileage as a full size pickup. so the pollution argument doesn't carry much merit.

so no they have no affect on you. unless you've been hit by one or suffer from pollution related illness.
You don’t have to take what I’m saying personally, you know.

also a Tacoma gets similar mileage as a full size pickup. so the pollution argument doesn't carry much merit.
I get 16 city/21 hwy fully modified on 255/80r17s with full bumper armor, sliders winch, etc. That’s the same as a stock full size truck and this thing can go places they can only dream of.

I managed weight much more carefully than most with this build. Much more use of aluminum than typical.

Back