Most popular vehicle by state

Type brodozer in search and see what you get. If you’re going to rail try to keep the exaggeration to a minimum. Lots of trucks here and the vast majority are stock or have a few cosmetic mods. Full size SUVs on your list too?

You don’t have to take what I’m saying personally, you know.

I get 16 city/21 hwy fully modified on 255/80r17s with full bumper armor, sliders winch, etc. That’s the same as a stock full size truck and this thing can go places they can only dream of.

I managed weight much more carefully than most with this build. Much more use of aluminum than typical.
most Tacoma's average about 18mpg according to fuelly. I'm not sure how your getting the same as a factory vehicle.

This paints a different picture and it's from Edmunds 2022. I don't have to move now.

1714398870451.jpeg

I dont think the f-150 is that popular in NC, plus you have to include the GMC Sierra.

I dont think the f-150 is that popular in NC, plus you have to include the GMC Sierra.
the sierra is a separate model my a different make. vehicle are legally classified by their make and model and they are two separate vehicle.

Wait hang on there buddy, think of the pedestrians! If you hit someone with that, they could get injured

If you actually cared about pedestrian deaths, why are you modifying the front of your truck like that?
virtue signaling is more important that actual actions. intention of policy is more important the actual outcomes. down is up and left is right. haven't you heard?

Wait hang on there buddy, think of the pedestrians! If you hit someone with that, they could get injured

If you actually cared about pedestrian deaths, why are you modifying the front of your truck like that?
It has to do with statistics at a macro scale. The more often these vehicles are on the road, the worse the statistics are. That doesn’t mean it’s a binary choice of whether you support truck ownership or not. It means large trucks should be used for the purposes which only they can achieve.

In other words, the problem is that so many more people are using such increasingly larger trucks as their primary vehicles - not because it makes sense, but, in many cases, primarily because of social constructs that, in my opinion, should change.

The majority of my driving is with my CX-30 Turbo. The truck has accumulated 27,000 miles in 5 years of ownership. Most of that is highway and off road.

It has to do with statistics at a macro scale. The more often these vehicles are on the road, the worse the statistics are. That doesn’t mean it’s a binary choice of whether you support truck ownership or not. It means large trucks should be used for the purposes which only they can achieve.

In other words, the problem is that so many more people are using such increasingly larger trucks as their primary vehicles - not because it makes sense, but, in many cases, primarily because of social constructs.

The majority of my driving is with my CX-30 Turbo. The truck has accumulated 27,000 miles in 5 years of ownership. Most of that is highway and off road.
there are a multitude of reasons for that. the epa and they way they categorize emission standards, tax rules, and body on frame vehicle hold their value very well, they are also very swiss army knife like in that they can do everything. so a person needs one vehicle in stead of two. They also get much better mileage than they use to get, so operating expenses are lower.

there are a multitude of reasons for that. the epa and they way they categorize emission standards, tax rules, and body on frame vehicle hold their value very well, they are also very swiss army knife like in that they can do everything. so a person needs one vehicle in stead of two. They also get much better mileage than they use to get, so operating expenses are lower.
If you look at total cost of ownership, large pickups are less economical in every way compared to alternatives. There are very few financial reasons to get a truck unless you tow, go off road, or perhaps regularly haul dirty stuff. The primary driver of truck ownership is simply personal taste and social conditioning.

+2

Do they still make Grand Caravans? I can't believe there's still enough on the road to make a difference, but it was just one state, so maybe it's true.

There hasn't been a "Dodge" Ram truck for fourteen years, but that may be just a technicality.
The Grand Caravan was finally discontinued, after several extensions, I think in 2019.

They were very popular here, and 5th-gen models (2008 - 2019) remain very common.

Interestingly enough, I have seen very few Pacificas (the GC's replacement). I think FCA was afraid the GC would cannibalize Pacifica sales, but instead have seen sales of their minivans tank.

If you look at total cost of ownership, large pickups are less economical in every way compared to alternatives. There are very few financial reasons to get a truck unless you tow, go off road, or perhaps regularly haul dirty stuff. The primary driver of truck ownership is simply personal taste and social conditioning.
still cheaper than two vehicle. yes a car is cheaper, but then you need a second vehicle and then its not cheaper.

Assuming the chart is accurate, I had no idea BMWs were that popular in California
Everyone and their moms have one.... Not sure how accurate that map is but BMW 3 is definitely one of the top 5 for people who just got a good paying job after getting out of college. That crown has recently passed to Tesla Model 3 for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
Back