Reliable/Low Maintenance or Super Fun Vehicle To Purchase

have you considered a used BMW? they're fairly cheap but not that reliable. i would look for an e90 with an n52. they handle good, have enough power, pretty good fuel economy, and the non turbo inline 6 is complicated but not extremely so. and YouTube can show you most all the steps to fix it when it breaks.

my friend bought a 2008 328i a few years ago and so far he's done shocks, struts, a coolant hose, plugs, coils, and a new battery, and a new radiator and core support and condenser because he rear ended a truck and impaled the cooling stack and radiator fan. his is an N51, which meets tighter emissions spec, has an air pump and a special radiator and fan that are supposed to "clean ozone" but the special radiator is like $500 instead of just $150.

this friend also has a lead foot and has probably payed more in speeding tickets and impound/court fees than he has for the car and all the repairs
I always like Bimmer 3 Series such as 330i. I am not that knowledgeable about cars to inspect used one and I only know one person familiar with European cars as he owned many used ones and work on them a lot himself.

Reliable, automatic, fun, and preferably Honda. You want one of these:

Honda_NSX_reg_1991_2977_cc.JPG

Acura Integra GS-R and Acura RSX Type S are also fun cars. Unfortunately, they didn't make an S2000 with an auto. There are newer cars, but this was peak Honda.

Cant find a decent NSX around here. It has 3.0 liter engine lije my accord but tuned differently?

13/14 GT500 and the good news is that it won't actually cost you anything to own it other than taxes and insurance.

New Corolla or Civic . Hybrid optional for both .

Corolla 2 Ltr. weighing 2,955 Lbs.. Be fun for myself . Had them with 1.6 and 1.8 . 2 with manual 4 speed and 1 w/ 5 speed and 1 automatic 3 speed and a few with 4 speed trannies .

Last edited:
a motorcycle fits the bill
MUCH cheaper than anything you had listed with super cheap insurance and takes up far less room in the garage

oh and Honda makes some breddy gud ones too

a VFR800 does well with a passenger and can be had for 5-6k
Honda-VFR800-25th-Anniversary-Front-Right-Featured.jpg

I've owned two Challengers; a V-6 and a V-8. Honestly, my favorite one was the six because of the smoother riding suspension and automatic transmission. My R/T had the manual transmission and the ratios are screwy on that transmission. My suggestion is a SXT Plus (gives you leather seats, blind spot monitoring which is nice on those cars) and other decent options like the Alpine radio.

if you buy used. Lexus or Toyota products. a Lexus IS 350 F sport would be a great fun car for the family. very capable and reliable. or if you want a truck a Tacoma or a 4Runner.

a motorcycle fits the bill
MUCH cheaper than anything you had listed with super cheap insurance and takes up far less room in the garage

oh and Honda makes some breddy gud ones too

a VFR800 does well with a passenger and can be had for 5-6kView attachment 202737
I sigh bitterly whenever I am reminded of how fun motorcycles are. I had a Honda CBR250r that I rode every opportunity I could. It was the most easily accessible thrill and fun compared to any other Motorsport or regular sport for that matter. I stopped riding motorcycles after having a daughter due to safety concerns. I still miss them though. Closest sensation to flying I’ve ever felt.

Back