Most popular vehicle by state

To each his own, but keep in mind I could rent a pickup at UHaul for literally $20 per day when needed, own a car and still come out way ahead financially than owning a full-size pickup.
even a weekend warrior is going to spend around 150 a month in rental fees. so it doesn't seem that much cheaper. the 20 dollars a day does not include taxes and fees.

Ugh. F150. I hate the US’ obsession with full size trucks. They are terrible vehicles overall and are outclassed in almost every way by vans. The only reasons to own a truck are if you go off road and if you tow regularly. There are better vehicles for working and hauling.

But no, everyone needs their brodozer.

I just like driving a truck... 🤷‍♂️

To each his own, but keep in mind I could rent a pickup at UHaul for literally $20 per day when needed, own a car and still come out way ahead financially than owning a full-size pickup.

I could also not spend $20K on a Standby Generator and just deal with not having power when it goes out, yet I did

If everything came back to a financial decision, we would live miserable lives. I learned a long time ago that if you need a tool, just buy it. Renting and borrowing is just a hassle, and you rely on someone else. COVID and supply chain issues that followed then re-enforced that.

Perhaps so he could whip it out in case anyone suggested he wasn't doing proper "truck things" with his truck.

This exactly. Well, kinda

I just think its neat. I love equipment and just neat things like that

I also used to live in the UK, where this kind of thing is not common at all outside of commercial. Don't even sell F150's there

It has to do with statistics at a macro scale. The more often these vehicles are on the road, the worse the statistics are. That doesn’t mean it’s a binary choice of whether you support truck ownership or not. It means large trucks should be used for the purposes which only they can achieve.

In other words, the problem is that so many more people are using such increasingly larger trucks as their primary vehicles - not because it makes sense, but, in many cases, primarily because of social constructs that, in my opinion, should change.

The majority of my driving is with my CX-30 Turbo. The truck has accumulated 27,000 miles in 5 years of ownership. Most of that is highway and off road.
Agree. I wish more people would see the benefit of driving modest vehicles. Yes it’s their choice, but if someone in a monster truck crashes into someone who cannot afford a monster truck, well, you know how that ends. At the very least, I wish crash standards would pit trucks against cars, so bumper requirements were equivalent. As of now, truck crash tests don’t give a flying turd about crashing into smaller cars.

Last edited:
Altima? Really? Can’t remember when I saw one last…
Oh, they're around. Look for taillights burned out, bumper cover hanging on by just one or two clips, faded paper temporary tag.... Chances are you've spotted an Altima.

Back