mobill 1 ow40 in a 2007 nisan titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have bin using castrol edge 5w30 i an fixing too try mobill 1 ow40 is there anyone using this oil in there titan if so whut has bin youre experiance using this oil anyone whoo has this truck knows that it is a performer i am thinking i need a more performance orianted oil any thoughts please exscuse the bad spelling

The FSM for your 2007 Titan says that 10W40 is usable above -4 degrees F, so you can use 0W-40 without an issue.

I use 0W-40 in my Pathfinder (VQ35DE) and it runs just fine. No apparent drop in MPG.

and that is youre answer never mind i see youre from cali

Originally Posted By: jdog
and that is youre answer never mind i see youre from cali

huh?

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: OldCowboy
jdog:
Why would you want to use a 40 wt oil? What advantage do you think you'll gain from it??

+1

Yeah

Why do you need 0w40? Are you doing a lot of off-roading and heavy towing? Does Nissan recommend a 40-weight for "severe service"?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I`d definitely use the 40 over a 30.

Why?

Im inclined to agree but would love to ask "why." Its a new engine, but also 5.6L huge displacement..

The Mobil 0w-40 is actually a thinner 40w, so it's not a huge step in viscosity.

It's a great oil for a LOT of vehicles, as it's factory specified for the SRT8!

i was thinking about going too a thicker oil than the 5w30 that i have bin using last sumer it was over a 100 every day fore months i have a clutch fan and an electric fan there was not one day that both fans where not runing usualy just the cluch fan runs but not this year that is why i am going too try the mobill 1/0w40 if whut i read is true most 5w30 shears too a 5w20

To all those asking, note he wants Mobill 1 ow40, which is not the same as Mobil 1 0w40.

Firstly, it's Mobill he wants, and secondly he wants "o" w not "0" w.

Subtle, but important differences.

Last edited:
i was thinking about going too a thicker oil than the 5w30 that i have bin using last sumer it was over a 100 every day fore months i have a clutch fan and an electric fan there was not one day that both fans where not runing usualy just the cluch fan runs but not this year that is why i am going too try the mobill 1/0w40 if whut i read is true most 5w30 shears too a 5w20

you donut kneed to be thickur den you alreedy ah.

i have bin using castrol edge 5w30 i an fixing too try mobill 1 ow40 is there anyone using this oil in there titan if so whut has bin youre experiance using this oil anyone whoo has this truck knows that it is a performer i am thinking i need a more performance orianted oil any thoughts please exscuse the bad spelling

jdog,

It should be OK to at least try out the oil you mentioned dispite the wide oil weight range Castrol has. Mobil 1 has the same so according to them you can use their 0W-30 weight synthetic as a diect replacement for the typical 5W-30 version.

Based on M1's label you should be able to do the same with the 0W-40 in the brand of your choice.

For my 01 Durango 4.7/V-8 I have been thinkiing about going to a 5W-20 weight myself as I'm srickly into getting more MPG out of my truck safely. Unfortunately my book doesn't say I can do this as the engine specifies 5W-30 oil.

To save my sanity I just made a decision to stay with a 5W-30 oil and stay with my tried and true Mobil "Super Synthetic" as over here in California a good synthetic is practically $10 bucks per quart now. Unless I head towards once per year oil changes my pocket book can't afford M1 anymore.

Durango

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
If you want a thicker oil,give 10W30 a try.

Misleading advice since a 10W-30 is not necessarily heavier than a 5W-30 or a 0W-30 for that matter except on start-up when you don't want it.
And since we're talking about M1, their 10W-30 with it's HTHSV of only 3.0cP is actually lighter than M1 5W-30, HTHSV of 3.1cP.

If the OP is concerned about the possibility of high oil temp's I'd suggest installing an oil pressure gauge. If you do, you'll find that the viscosity reserves even in the heat of a Texas summer won't necessitate the need to run a heavier oil than a syn' 5W-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back