Latest Fram Ultra Synthetic oil filter as of 2023 January - Is it still a good choice?

To be honest I just use Champ branded filters such as their XL line which is pretty good. I sleep well at night.

That or I’ll try to return it to WM….
Not eating it. For the principle of it….

That or I’ll try to return it to WM….
Not eating it. For the principle of it….
Hopefully WM will take it, but I don't know if they'll try to return it to the vendor, especially if it's got oil in it. Try contacting Fram, IIRC I took pics of the lack of bypass valve, if you can get a good pic of the seam they might take action. Of course you can always tell WM that it was damaged.....

Checked it last night after driving 55 miles and no evidence of the weeping. I’ll check it again tonight after another 55 mile commute….

Checked it last night after driving 55 miles and no evidence of the weeping. I’ll check it again tonight after another 55 mile commute….
If you installed the filter first time after oiling up the gasket, the oil filter will sweat some oil from the gasket a little on the first day of driving, it should appear dry after a few days of driving, if still wet or see any kind of dripping from the bottom of the filter can then I would advise caution.

The Fram Ultra 3600 recently installed last month had this behavior of sweating a seep of oil from the gasket to the crimp of the can and dried up the next day of driving (100 mile work commute).

Probably the case but I had never seen it before………I clean everything to not have this. The next day it was bad enough there was a drop hanging off the filter but regardless I hope that was all it is……
I’ll know better tonight….

Do either of you have a date code for those cartridge filters? Possible slow movers, & you're receiving old stock? I have received 5+ year old spin-on Purolator filters from Advance Auto in the past.
No date code.

However, they were ordered from Walmart online 2 months ago. Doubt they are moving them slowly. I picked five off the shelf today. They all look like the original media provided they were cartridge filters.

No date code.

However, they were ordered from Walmart online 2 months ago. Doubt they are moving them slowly. I picked five off the shelf today. They all look like the original media provided they were cartridge filters.
Weird, even Fram cartridge filters typically have a date code. Are there any markings on the end caps?

Do either of you have a date code for those cartridge filters? Possible slow movers, & you're receiving old stock? I have received 5+ year old spin-on Purolator filters from Advance Auto in the past.
Only thing not visible is the part number. Also note Made in USA.

Attachments

• 20231122_121513.jpg
    20231122_121513.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 19
Only thing not visible is the part number. Also note Made in USA.
That's not a part number, that's the date code. Made the 240th day of 2019.

That's not a part number, that's the date code. Made the 240th day of 2019.

Thus why I said 'only thing *not* visible is the part number'. I knew that was the date code, but not how to read it for sure. So thanks for the link. Haha

Back