Fram FE9972 vs WIX 57047XP for 2AR-FE?

hello! i know i am thinking too overkill but looking for the best flowing/best filtering oil filter for the toyota 2.5 2ar-fe engine.
originally i just go with fram ultra but i noticed that fram has a new product now called the: FRAM Synthetic Endurance™

the FRAM Synthetic Endurance FE9972 states it has Synthetic Microglass Media vs the Fram ultra XG9972 which has Synthetic blend media.
So just looking at the materials I assume the fully synthetic microglass is better then the blend and its only $12 ish so I would prefer to go with that one
however WIX has a good filter too the 57047XP, unless I am wrong it also seems to be a full synthetic and not a blend

So out of these filters + any other 'better' filters, which would you pick?
fram is $13 at walmart while the wix is around $19.99

i assume the new FE9972 is probably the best bet at that price? or is there a 'better' filter then all of these? i would prefer to get a full synthetic one as i assume it would have better flow and maybe less drain back compared to others. wanna keep the vehicle most protected at startup!!

thx!

I would go for the FRAM, it seems to have a better build quality, better efficiency.

In terms of efficiency I do not believe there is anything better than the FRAM Endurance on the market.

Just be sure the louvers are open before you buy it.

hello! i know i am thinking too overkill but looking for the best flowing/best filtering oil filter for the toyota 2.5 2ar-fe engine.
originally i just go with fram ultra but i noticed that fram has a new product now called the: FRAM Synthetic Endurance™

the FRAM Synthetic Endurance FE9972 states it has Synthetic Microglass Media vs the Fram ultra XG9972 which has Synthetic blend media.
So just looking at the materials I assume the fully synthetic microglass is better then the blend and its only $12 ish so I would prefer to go with that one
however WIX has a good filter too the 57047XP, unless I am wrong it also seems to be a full synthetic and not a blend

i assume the new FE9972 is probably the best bet at that price? or is there a 'better' filter then all of these? i would prefer to get a full synthetic one as i assume it would have better flow and maybe less drain back compared to others. wanna keep the vehicle most protected at startup!!

thx!
I am not sure that the filters you mention give you much if anything over the Fram Extra Guard, which you can have at between $5 and $6 all day on Amazon. There are Toyota branded filters for around $13 so that and the Wix are a wash. I think that the word is out that the most important thing to do to address the oil related concerns on this issue are oil changes at 5,000 miles. I will not post the link again of the mechanic who replaces a 178k motor with a factory short block and whines the whole time that it would have gone much farther with frequent oil changes.

I am sure that Fram Synthetic Endurance filter is superb as is the Wix, but somewhere we have to have a little resistance on price, don't we?

The Wix XP is nothing even close to the filtering efficiency as the Fram Endurance. Plus, the Endurance is less $$ in your case ... win, win.

Back