If You Could Meet Someone From BITOG?

If I were smarter, I'd like to meet Molakule, and several other smart people on here.. Sadly, our conversation would likely have to stay at the laymen level for my own comprehension.

Or we could just hang out and have a fermented beverage,

Reactions: 4WD
If I were smarter, I'd like to meet Molakule, and several other smart people on here.. Sadly, our conversation would likely have to stay at the laymen level for my own comprehension.

Or we could just hanf out and have a fermented beverage,
I would agree with this. Molakule would have many polysyllabic words and I'd have a deer-in-headlights gaze.....in the end I'd be impressed and he'd be thinking "there's time out of my life I'll never get back"

I used to work for a sports card collectibles magazine. We would bring in old timer baseball/football players to sign autographs. This was my first year out of college and I made $18k at that full time job. One time we brought in Willie Mays and all he did for 3 hours was female dog about how he never made any money compared to these new guys and how he paved the road for them. This went on for 3 hours, it was darn near unbearable. Poor Willie was paid $50k for those 3 hours. Pete Rose was equally as miserable (he was only paid 30k🤣)
The good news is that Ernie Banks, Harmon Killebrew, John Stallworth, and a few others were some of the nicest folks you will ever meet.
Never meet your heroes.

I used to work for a sports card collectibles magazine. We would bring in old timer baseball/football players to sign autographs. This was my first year out of college and I made $18k at that full time job. One time we brought in Willie Mays and all he did for 3 hours was female dog about how he never made any money compared to these new guys and how he paved the road for them. This went on for 3 hours, it was darn near unbearable. Poor Willie was paid $50k for those 3 hours. Pete Rose was equally as miserable (he was only paid 30k🤣)
The good news is that Ernie Banks, Harmon Killebrew, John Stallworth, and a few others were some of the nicest folks you will ever meet.
I don’t hero worship so I can’t recall ever being disappointed when I finally meet people but I tend to agree with that generalization for those who hero worship.

I certainly won’t ever pay to see meet someone.

I don’t hero worship so I can’t recall ever being disappointed when I finally meet people but I tend to agree with that generalization for those who hero worship.

I certainly won’t ever pay to see meet someone.
Living? I agree but if they were still alive I would pay to meet a few. Off the top of my head and I’m sure there would be more….

Einstein
Chuck Yeager
John Adams
John Steinbeck
Chesty Puller

When I was a kid I was a big Jose Canseco/Oakland A’s fan. I had the opportunity to go to the old Adams Mark Hotel in Philly to get his autograph, I was super excited and have a picture of me at 9 or so years old smiling standing behind Jose. Days later I get the film developed and all I can see is the top of Jose Canseco’s head because he couldn’t be bothered enough to look up. 😂

I’d charge no more than 1 pint of beer at my local brewery for a meet/autograph,Better yet I’ll buy the pint.

I’ve met quite a few members either on my travels or various events.

I would love to do another get together. Either in the Chicagoland area, or wherever.

If you ever get close or come to my area… You are always welcome to come by my place for dinner… Like this … No trailer park food here…

IMG_0516.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0384.jpeg

I have to apologize but I missed several more good people on here..

Though I did think of 39 right off the top of my head from memory. ..

So let me add spasm3, Bud, walterjay, Dr. Molakule, Skippy, and Revving2Redline, Snagglefoot, Number_35…

Back