I am going to have to put this head on myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to admit, moving under it's own power is pretty impressive. I didn't watch the whole thing, but the white smoke and compression gases coming out of the rad can't be good!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Check out what I found,it's alive!!
laugh.gif

Flashers appear to not be working, judging by the speed of the clicking sound.
Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree.
Missing the plastic shroud around the steering column.
Idles as smooth as 60 grit.
Sounds like it is going to blow at any minute.
Doubt that should be a source of pride.

4:08 I want a car that idles low to save gas but idles high to charge the battery. Honda gives both! With 9/10 of a tank of gas Joe should let it idle up and down outside those Brownstones all day, to get the condensation out of the exhaust etc.

Breaker, breaker, per the comments someone stole his catalytic converter while he was working at 7-11 and welded a straight pipe in its place.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: Ifixyawata
it's too hard to look away, really.

Nope, not really that hard.

BC.

Yeah I think I have to rescind that comment. I just looked at his YouTube channel and saw about 35 videos posted in the last 3 days... it was entertaining to check in every so often but it's lost it's entertainment value, now it's just sad.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
You have to admit, moving under it's own power is pretty impressive

You got me really curious to check-in and see what was going on with this guy...

What happened to the Blazer that was just purchased? He's already back to driving his mothers Envoy around.

i think i could make out "the pedal is to the floor", maybe the cat is clogged, or that engine is about ready to blow.

I think the Blazer's fine, looks like he loaned it over to his girlfriend when her Purple Geo broke down. That was about a week ago, if you see the Honda forum.

The question is if the engine is going to survive this latest dumb thing, or not. It actually was doing fightingly well, running and driving pretty smooth, until our boy tried something so dumb to get it to idle smooth.. will it survive that?

It doesn't look good.

Heard he got a job at Advance Auto Parts, too.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Breaker, breaker, per the comments someone stole his catalytic converter while he was working at 7-11 and welded a straight pipe in its place.

Breaker, breaker, BreakerBreaker won't break cover.

Breaker, breaker, BreakerBreaker won't break cover.

What? I'll bet the exhaust pipe broken in half or something, maybe it was just really loud and this was after he had it in the driveway for so long, with it getting moved up and down day and night and he thought the cat got took.

I wonder if he tried taking the 02 sensor out of the hole yet, since everything else seemed to check out.. He got this car to start and run, I'm proud of him!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
You have to admit, moving under it's own power is pretty impressive. I didn't watch the whole thing, but the white smoke and compression gases coming out of the rad can't be good!

Yeah, that's troubling. I hope the head he put on was OK and didn't have any internal defects he can't do anything about.. That would be unfortunate. I've seen it take some trips, though. Sounds like he was almost there with it. Then something happened.

Maybe it will be a Christmas gift, I suppose we will all see.

Looks like he's up early, too.

fbba03a277a88c5c014ee72e5af7bf32.jpg

Only crazy people and Bob Dole talk about themselves in the third person.

You are the only person that could and would intentionally blow up a brand new car if he was given one.

Hey, does the car drive exactly the same way it did when you first got it?
I really doubt that it does.

BC.

JcCadilliacMobile Start 02/04/10 End 05/11/10 Posts 356
OilBlazer93 Start 05/17/10 End 05/27/10 Posts 39
HomerJ5w40 Start 05/31/10 End 06/09/10 Posts 45
HangerHarley Start 06/10/10 End 12/27/10 Posts 1239
Gearheadtool Start 03/31/12 End 02/27/13 Posts 1711
technologs Start 04/03/13 End 10/27/13 Posts 2606
MalfunctionProne Start 11/26/14 End 02/19/15 Posts 1499
InfmousCornholio Start 4/22/15 End 09/26/15 Posts 686
GHT Start 9/26/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 0
Ratchetgrinder Start 10/07/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 105