I am going to have to put this head on myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JcCadilliacMobile Start 02/04/10 End 05/11/10 Posts 356
OilBlazer93 Start 05/17/10 End 05/27/10 Posts 39
HomerJ5w40 Start 05/31/10 End 06/09/10 Posts 45
HangerHarley Start 06/10/10 End 12/27/10 Posts 1239
Gearheadtool Start 03/31/12 End 02/27/13 Posts 1711
technologs Start 04/03/13 End 10/27/13 Posts 2606
MalfunctionProne Start 11/26/14 End 02/19/15 Posts 1499
InfmousCornholio Start 4/22/15 End 09/26/15 Posts 686
GHT Start 9/26/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 0
Ratchetgrinder Start 10/07/15 End 11/24/15 Posts 105
BreakerBreaker Start 11/28/15 End 12/25/15 Posts 123
Supercalifragili Start 12/25/15

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
i think i could make out "the pedal is to the floor", maybe the cat is clogged, or that engine is about ready to blow.

I believe it ingested material that was used to cap off a vacuum line.

Sure, it's entertaining to watch a train-wreck, but the part that people don't want to remember is that somebody usually gets hurt in those wrecks.
And I have no doubt that some day, Joe is going to hurt someone. He is a metastasized vehicular cancer and we're lucky that right now, he fully murders almost every vehicle he touches. One day - maybe one will escape and fall into unknowing hands. To be driven on the road with YOUR family. And mine. Yes, I know. Buyer beware. But that buyer is on the same roads we all drive.
And if it's not an innocent driver in one of his cars, it's just as bad when it's Joe himself.
Witness:

And if you think he has paid for auto insurance, you're quite mistaken.

Originally Posted By: JennyHemi
Sure, it's entertaining to watch a train-wreck, but the part that people don't want to remember is that somebody usually gets hurt in those wrecks.
And I have no doubt that some day, Joe is going to hurt someone. He is a metastasized vehicular cancer and we're lucky that right now, he fully murders almost every vehicle he touches. One day - maybe one will escape and fall into unknowing hands. To be driven on the road with YOUR family. And mine. Yes, I know. Buyer beware. But that buyer is on the same roads we all drive.
And if it's not an innocent driver in one of his cars, it's just as bad when it's Joe himself.
Witness:

Oh, pleasse. Without addressing these accusations, or feeding.. Ghetto fab.

I can't imagine anyone would drive like that for very long. Maybe it's like when a tire blows.. it could have just happened, and to anyone. Much ado about nothing. You guys.. yeah. Anyways, Maybe he goes to the hardware store today, to bypass it, and not have that hazard happen. Something tells me that's the first thing to do.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3968219/Re:_I_feel_I_have_the_best_Cus#Post3968219

As to the Honda . The Honda seems to have taken a turn for the worse, though it is "Down, but not out." That paper towel situation was.. a very indirect way to an eventually smooth idle. Now can the engine survive..

I think this car may even need another head. That is still easier to do than an engine. Even though this is an EASY car to do an engine on. We all know that.

Who knows, maybe a new head will get by, until a PROPER place is found to do the engine. City ordinances kind of thing.

Just remember: If it gets the new head, it gets done in more than a day, as 9 more ARP studs have to go in, M12×1.75 tapped just like the one on the middle, and the head holes slightly drilled out to let it fit.. No threaded hole in the head this time. If that is what ends up happening.

And it may, if the engine continues to not work right.

Now you make of that what you will.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Only crazy people and Bob Dole talk about themselves in the third person.

You are the only person that could and would intentionally blow up a brand new car if he was given one.

Hey, does the car drive exactly the same way it did when you first got it?
I really doubt that it does.

BC.

When was that said?

Anyways. You do realize that what you said to do with the Blazer... hit home, since that is exactly what happened. Right?

Watch "The Car Explosion: Inside Breaking Bad" on YouTube

Oh, and.. The latest. It's not as good as it was, certainly.

Watch "The last day trip Honda took.. Part 2." on YouTube

Originally Posted By: Supercalifragili
Originally Posted By: JennyHemi
Witness:

I can't imagine anyone would drive like that for very long. Maybe it's like when a tire blows.. it could have just happened, and to anyone. Much ado about nothing. You guys.. yeah. Anyways, Maybe he goes to the hardware store today, to bypass it, and not have that hazard happen. Something tells me that's the first thing to do.

It didn't just happen, and it's not like a tire (we've seen what you do when THAT happens). "Anyone" wouldn't drive it for very long. "Anyone" wouldn't drive it AT ALL in that condition. Because it's unsafe, both for you and anyone that happens to cross your path while your vision and/or mental processes are impaired by aerated poisons. But you're not anyone. So you drive it... and drive it again... while inhaling antifreeze in a car with inoperable windows. "Anyone" doesn't do that. Only YOU do. That's not a mark of bad-assery, honor or determination. It's a mark of recklessness, selfishness and stupidity. To say nothing of a stunning lack of common sense.

And there's no "he" - it's YOU. Joseph, Serial Vehicle Killer. For now - until you hurt someone.

Joseph, driving distracted by a fog of coolant and then deciding to record it with one hand is incredibly selfish to the other drivers on the road. Your anti-social behavior puts the general public at risk.

Supercalifragili Start 12/25/15 End 1/4/15 Posts 74

The ENTIRE engine is toast. The buggered up threads sealed the fate of that engine. Nomatter what you do, NO HEAD is going to seal properly unless you happen to guess what the helicoiled bolts need to be at.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Joseph, driving distracted by a fog of coolant and then deciding to record it with one hand is incredibly selfish to the other drivers on the road. Your anti-social behavior puts the general public at risk.

a couple of years back,a similar thing happened to a neighbor's car, but, he didn't drive it.he did some research, and mentioned that inhaling this vapor can cause brain damage. 'prone's video is evidence of that.

herrstig -- we shouldn't push for banning 'prone, since natural selection will eventually "ban" him. period.
in the meantime, we should just enjoy the comedy, and hope that inhaling coolant vapor affects the reproductive plumbing.

'prone -- keep posting your pearls of wisdom, and have a good night.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
At the risk of appearing to be Captain Obvious, you can buy an air tank for the price of multiple cans of computer cleaner, and a blow gun, and continue refilling the air tank at the gas station, saving money.

That's a great idea, except I haven't seen free air from gas station in a long time.

Oh, the agony just watching his vid clips..

I have never taken videos while driving. Just a snapshot here and there for safety reasons.

Ive been following his posts and youtube channel, I see no progress on the Blazer.
Driving around with a busted heater core, and taking videos of the noxious steam..
Oil change on his mom's Envoy.. painful to watch.

I'm 36, and have ADHD also. I keep it under control by avoiding coffee/energy drinks. Beer even helps to slow down my thoughts, so they can be examined first.

I went through 33 cars since '94. They all ran good. If you'd like a list (detailed) of those cars, feel free to ask.

I learned how to properly repair just about anything be it electronics or mechanical. I don't get stuck going in circles doing the same thing over and over. (sweating the small stuff)

Diagnose it, fix it right the first time. My dad always took pride in his work, and passed his skills on to me. Rest in peace, Dad.

My deafness didn't stop me from leasing and opening an office.
Mike's PC & Auto Solutions. I have a solution to nearly any problem, big or small.

Why do ya think I'm hanging out on BITOG?
wink.gif

Joseph, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours. I know it's hard being adhd and all.
You should invest in a small pancake air compressor, or something portable. Manage your time wisely, don't get stuck in a loop doing one thing over and over while taking convoluted videos of non-progress.

PS.
GET RID OF ANTONIO! The Honda is pretty much done for. Scrap it.

Sincerely,
Mike

Originally Posted By: MDettling
I learned

That's the difference, Mike. You learned. He hasn't, and refuses to deviate from the continued behavior.

An entirely phenomenal amount of time and effort has been exhausted with this guy across multiple message boards, of which all he's been eventually banned from (at least a dozen times here, and counting). Of course, it should be mentioned that he never takes any personal responsibility for this, and blames everyone else. Unfortunately, nothing ever changes; after everything, and all the coaching/help, here's his latest attempt at a valve adjustment as of two days ago:

Thinking maybe I could get through to the guy, I even purchased and sent Joseph a camera head mount for his phone so he wouldn't be driving distracted when filming, or trying to do all the vehicle work with one hand. Guess what? Nothing changed.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink

His behavior is self-destructive, and he's doing it for attention. This is why I suggest that people stop giving him advice when he comes looking for it. With the many thousands of dollars he's spent on destroying vehicles and cans of snake oil, he could have purchased a brand new Nissan Versa. Instead, he's constantly broke, has two destroyed vehicles, overwhelming credit card debt, and is living in his mother's garage/basement, forcing her to park outside during the winter.

Help the guy out by not giving advice. He's just going to ignore it and make a YouTube video of more destruction.

In that video of the valve adjustment, WHERE ARE THE DANG FEELER GAUGES?!
Isnt the procedure supposed to be done hot, or is this just a preliminary adjustment w/ cold engine?

Ive done valve adjustments on my ol' Datsuns, when I was 18!

Kinda hard to do it holding a camera/cellphone.

Ramblejam, you sent him a head mount camera holder? He probably hocked it for $. You got a good heart though.

Congrats to Joseph for finishing up the job. Whatever happened to those head bolt threads in the block?

Mike

he has autism spectrum disorder / aspergers whatever you call it. my son has it too so i can relate a little bit.

its hard, extremely hard to come to grips with. hopefully he wont harm himself, or someone else by doing things unsafely.

Originally Posted By: MDettling

Congrats to Joseph for finishing up the job. Whatever happened to those head bolt threads in the block?

Mike

You can ask him yourself since he's back with another user name now. He won't be back in this thread, thinks it's a "trap".

Supercalifragili Start 12/25/15 End 1/4/16 Posts 74