How to work dealers on price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Huie83
Thanks Scum_Frog. The site looks useful but is currently broken, won't take any zip codes.

Post Code tells me it's for Canada only.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Originally Posted By: Huie83
Thanks Scum_Frog. The site looks useful but is currently broken, won't take any zip codes.

Post Code tells me it's for Canada only.

Good to know, thanks.

Just a small update. The wife and I have been talking about this and have come to the conclusion that there are better things to sped money on (retirement fund, kids college fund) than a new van. Besides, with 3 boys under the age of 10, it will get beat up pretty bad anyways so why get a new one?

We are going to try and shop for something used in the ~$15-17K price range. I have seen a few late 2000's Sienna's with 30-70K miles going in the range of $13-16K which will be perfect. I've even seen a few 2011-2012 Odyssey LX's with ~65K miles in our price range.

That being said, we're shooting for used first but if the numbers don't work out we'll shop new again. I've learned a lot through these forums, buying used isn't always a better long term investment, it can cost more per mile than if you just buy new. Since it would be nice to keep this vehicle for 10+ years, we'll see how the numbers work out when we actually go shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back