How much should a rear brake and rotor job be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
We talking about it right now.

1e053be49a7d243845d6de3a686f4616.jpg

She looks mad. I wonder why?
When Momma's not happy, NOBODY'S happy.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Also, the rotor face in those pics is rusty, which indicates that this caliper was probably already seized. So it needed the caliper anyways.

I don't see the rotor. I think you are looking at the dust shield.

Wasn't talking about the dust shield
smile.gif

It isn't very clear, so I definitely COULD be wrong, however, the same angle on my truck (admittedly, a much higher quality picture) shows:

Truck_RearBrakes01.jpg

With the rotor being black due to it being "shiny". Should be more obvious with the flash at night I would think
21.gif
I was just looking at the 2nd picture he posted and it all looked rusty in the same area, hence the origin of my comment.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
We talking about it right now.

1e053be49a7d243845d6de3a686f4616.jpg

Is the alignment that far off or is she making a turn?

Malignment.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Warstud
The OP asked. "How much should a rear brake and rotor job be? And we have 74 replies so far.

$200 do it yourself

$300 brake shop.

You don't know me, do you
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: exranger06
Did you hit somethiing that damaged the rim? I'm thinking this brake damage is related to that incident...

thumbsup2.gif

Come on Joseph, tell the whole story already.
smile.gif

27.gif

I'm scared to..

But not the right ones for this particular Expedition. Looks like you wreckered yourself a wheel eh?

Were you doing some 4x4 "drifting" that resulted in a broken wheel by chance?

But not the right ones for this particular Expedition. Looks like you wreckered yourself a wheel eh?

Drifting in an Expdition!? I wanna see that!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Drifting in an Expdition!? I wanna see that!

Doable in a snow covered parking lot, LOL!
grin.gif

Yeah, I sure am due to get two matching wheels for that SIDE. One was on it since forever; passenger front. (It seems recognizable to be a spare, maybe. Not sure.) The other one would replace this one.. that was the closest match could be found. OVERKILL, an interesting thing that happened, and possibly misinformation: The yards kept saying that "There is supposed to be a 16" wheel on this truck." I told them it was an Eddie Bauer, 1999. They again said "It looks like those must be from a later year." I showed a picture of the P265/70R17 tires. I also saw someone on Craigslist selling the same-looking wheels/tires - from a 1998 EB, supposedly - for $450. In Lodi NJ. Money still tight and $450 no have.. any info on if those yards were wrong?

And let me post up the other side pic. Of the "two" wheels I need to buy. For the other side.

And no, I have no idea why wires are hanging by the diff (*though my imagination says it looks like a trailer wiring harness, perhaps for brake lights on a trailer.. not sure why they woupd hang like that, if it is that, I do not know.) There are also wires hanging by driver door. Somethibg about it was "vandalized" in a part of Newark NJ close to Elizabeth NJ by some ghetto family once. Not sure this city's obsession with screwing with other people's cars, but... (somewhat) unrelated to the city's [censored] UP car scene - the "ticket AND tow," as the Honda was, apparently not illegal.. the STOLEN Honda, - illegal, but common, and almost an accepted fact and point of pride.. the vandalism, and smashed windows, even in "Renaissance" areas of the city, like where we live, "High Street District." Must be new.. they even put a sign.. [censored] the car thefts, "we have a sign to make It look appealing".. then we WILL be moving. Rent is cheap(er) here and we struggle with it. Can't get it, though, because we both work and "make too much money" - defined as more than $1100 a year/month. So why even bother applying TRA..

And I am sorry, fellas, but I have to remain silent about that wheel.
laugh.gif

Here is the correct side, that I have to buy a 17" wheel. I know its 5x135 (5x135mm?,) from my adventure. Wearing P265/70R17. It is 7.5" wheel width? And what kind of material/finish are these?

ace59e26ec1247f8a3352f271b5dfe93.jpg

86c6e49dc2441813de37d383f7827302.jpg

^^ compare to side with wrecker-ered wheel (rear) and spare tire (? front.)

0decc931641cf9e1c25360b6e9b8d716.jpg

shocked2.gif
crazy2.gif
shocked.gif
Where is the rest of the rotor?! How could it have gotten that bad? And most of all, when you were installing that used rim, how could you not notice half your rotor missing??! Wow. I just can't...

AS THE BITOG TURNS
earth_animated-gif-spinning.gif

Epic GHT thread. Cccccan't resist.....I'm in for the next ten pages.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back