High Mileage and Synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've just put some Mobil 1 5w50 in my Opel Omega 3.0 (or Cadillac Catera in the US). This is the first time that I use Synthetic in this car. I've always used Mobil 10w40 (Synthetic blend). The car has 110.000 miles and doesn't consume any Oil.
My question is: Should I change this first synthetic run earlier?
I've read that synthetics have more detergent capabilities and I don't want to clog the filter or keep the oil full of garbage. Maybe that's only a myth and I can go for a longer interval right away, I don't know
dunno.gif
I want to change this first oil at around 6000 miles and then have a normal OCI of around 12000 miles or 1 year.

go for it,i did that 5 yrs ago .no problems 1 yr oci usually 12k-15k with 1 qt makeup. used m1 first,then pp.gm 5.3 knocker,running strong an smooth. blackstone analysis came back positive, told me take it to 15k next oci.

Yikes, I dont think I'd ever trust that long of an interval but if the test backs it up.

i want to keep truck for awhile or till rusts away. synth gives piece of mind and lonnngggg oci.get the most out of your oil before you dump. you will be conserving and not giving oil company ceo s $.

I don't believe it! A thread after my own heart. It's rare to see a long OCI thread w/o it being full of naysayer responses.

You posters are alright by me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back