Darmok and Jalad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Expanding this a bit, a few more that I remember:

The movie "Insurrection". There are some really funny comedy bits. And yes the new movies are great especially the first one.

Some episodes and arcs in DS9 were phenomenal. I don't think I ever watched a DS9 episode more than once because I always wanted to watch it back to back.

Some episodes in Voyager, mainly epic battles, were also amongst the best ever, not to mention 7 of 9 in general. Equinox, Scorpion, Deadlock, Timeless, Year of [censored], Tuvik, Message in a Bottle.

I've tried to get into DS9. I just can't.

I've watched every season of TNG, Voyager and "Enterprise"

This is for you john:
g1368660569761629342.jpg

janeway-hair.jpg

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
"Q Who?" in which the terrifying alien (and I mean terrifying, and alien) race, the Borg, first appear.

That is one of my favourites. I also lvoe "In the Pale Moonlight" from DS9, but perhaps I'm biased.
wink.gif

When DS9 premiered, I watched it as often as I could; but my local station kept moving it from one time slot to another, and I missed great chunks of the storyline. I liked what I saw, especially Nana Visitor as the Bajoran commander Major Kira.

A point about the interconnections in Hollywood. I have read that one of its producers or story editors was Peter Allan Fields, who began his TV writing career on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." As an in-joke or nod to him, there's a shopfront on the DS9 promenade, visible in more than one episode, labeled "Del Floria's" -- the name of the tailor shop in MfU where the agents entered headquarters.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
"Q Who?" in which the terrifying alien (and I mean terrifying, and alien) race, the Borg, first appear.

That is one of my favourites. I also lvoe "In the Pale Moonlight" from DS9, but perhaps I'm biased.
wink.gif

Your bias does not change my opinion "In the Pale Moonlight" is one my favorite Star Trek episodes.

I wish I could say the same in regards to the latest Star Trek Movie.

Has anyone played Star Trek video games?

I really enjoyed playing Birth of the Federation and Voyager Elite Force.

Those two.

Starfleet Command 1,2,3.
Starfleet Academy.
Klingon Academy. (Much better.)
Klingon Honor Guard.
Star Trek Online.
Star Trek Armada 1,2.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
BTW I've always hated Janeway. Horrible choice for captain of Voyager

Disagree completely. Janeway was a good captain, well played by Kate Mulgrew. Ms Bujold was wooden and unconvincing in the first days of shooting the pilot episode. A great actress, but completely incapable of playing a Captain.

Annoying characters:

Voyager: Janeway, Neelix, Paris, Tores.

TNG: Troi, Troi's mother, Worf, Ensign To

DS9: Kira

Annoying characters:

Ah, but Troi's mother was suppose to be annoying. Therefore, good acting on Majel Barrett's part.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Neelix was the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek.

I laughed when I read that....and I can't argue, in the first few seasons, I found him irritating while Kess was cloying and saccharine...but in the later seasons, Neelix showed some depth, and became a genuine character...instead of the caricature he was initially.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA

Ah, but Troi's mother was suppose to be annoying. Therefore, good acting on Majel Barrett's part.

She was TOO good!

She was TOO good!

We would have never gotten this great image if it wasn't for a "Ménage à Troi"

lwax4.jpg

Youtube for your viewing pleasure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76OhzbfFPAM

Annoying characters:

I think she was everyone's nightmare mother-in-law.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I wish I could say the same in regards to the latest Star Trek Movie.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen it, but yep, I heard I didn't miss much. I'll have to catch it anyhow, sooner or later, since that's simply mandatory.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back