2003 Jeep liberty, oil & service light, yllow gunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

afi

While driving on the highway I noticed the rpm needle rapidly decreasing and the vehicle acting if it were abruptly stopped. I slowed down then drove the rest of the way home no problems. The next morning, the jeep stalled and the oil drip can light came on. I checked and noticed my oil was low, however; it had only been 2000 miles since my last service. I added a quart then had no more problems until today. The jeep stalled twice on the way home and now the oil drip can plus service engine soon light are on. Also I noticed under the oil cap a thick yellow mayonnaise like substance. I understand this is sometimes due to condensation build up as a result of not letting the vehicle reach operating temperature, however this is not the case. I make two separate 40 min trips 5 days a week. Now the jeep will not run without stalling. Any suggestions?

It's the 3.7 in the liberty right? If so that yellow milky [censored] is normal for it and the 4.7. I don't know what your issue is but it probably has nothing to do w/ the condensation under your fill cap. Have you ever changed/cleaned your pcv valve?

Last edited:
Can you pull the codes?

Try turning the key on, off, on, off on, off, then leave it on. Where the odometer is should show any stored codes. If there aren't any it should say "done."

what color is the "oil drip" light? this is the first time I have heard such an indicator. I sure hope it is NOT red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back