1995 Honda Accord 4cyl - to change fluids or not?

Don't sweat the timing belt job, pretty easy to do. Don't buy the Gates brand they are garbage. Water pump is also done at this time as well, I used the Aisin kit on mine which included the WP.

Thanks, but when it's time for the timing belt, it's going to a shop, and they'll use whatever they want, probably either Import Direct from O'Reilly or whatever Worldpac sells, as that's where the shop shops.

We're going to do a complete service in the summer. I'm going to try to hunt down the power steering leak as well, since it gets on the belt and makes an awful squeal every time you start the car.
The PS leak could be caused by seepage where the hoses crimp onto the metal connectors, Try some AT-205 Re seal. It worked for me in the 98 and 99 Corollas in my sig.

The PS leak could be caused by seepage where the hoses crimp onto the metal connectors, Try some AT-205 Re seal. It worked for me in the 98 and 99 Corollas in my sig.

In that case is just replace the hoses, I think they are cheap and easy enough.

Isn't there a simple "rub" for the weatherstrips too?
Yes, Nextzett Gummi Pflege from Amazon or Autogeek.net. Often over looked but good to do once per year. Helps prevent sticking during winter. Just finished '12 Camry. Don't forget trunk, hood and gas cap seals.

Don't sweat the timing belt job, pretty easy to do. Don't buy the Gates brand they are garbage. Water pump is also done at this time as well, I used the Aisin kit on mine which included the WP.

It's not a job I'd recommend for someone who is weighing a transmission fluid change. There's a balance shaft belt too if I remember correctly.

Back