Looking for shop in Massachusetts to change PTU fluid on Ford + extend vent

Hi all. Lurker of 5+ years, finally need to make a post!

I recently purchased a 2015 Ford Police Interceptor Sedan (aka Taurus) with the 3.5L EcoBoost and AWD. As many of you know, the PTUs on the Explorer, Taurus, Edge, etc platforms is a weak point and the fluid needs to be changed every 30k. Problem is Ford dealers say they don't/won't because it's "Lifetime fluid."

What needs to be done is extending the vent tube. Thankfully the police models have a drain plug on them, but the fill plug is occupied with a temp sensor. The unit is really crammed in there and is a PITA to get to. I just want a shop to install a longer vent hose on the PTU and change the fluid. The goal is so I can DIY it next time. I can't fit my hands or any tools down to where the vent hose cap is to extend it, pretty tight fit.

Ideally this will be a shop that's familiar with Fords and knows what's up in regards to this procedure.

I'm in Middlesex County, MA but willing to drive a bit for the right shop.

Here's a video on how to do the job.

Kind of a PITA for me without a lift and a crushed stone driveway.

Thanks.

My dealer has changed the PTU fluid for me twice on our Edge without issue. It wasn’t very expensive either given the hassle it saved me. Check another dealer.

I also had the PTU serviced on my Lincoln at a Napa Auto Center. Never had any issues with it and it didn’t get serviced until 80k as I bought it used. It had the 3.5 also.

Back