Broke down and bought a Econobox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dailydriver
Originally Posted by Cressida
Originally Posted by MParr
Good choice. You were smart in not buying one with the 1.6T or 1.5T.

I haven't owned a Ford in decades. What are the issues with turbo engines? I figured they learned something from Volvo.

My 1.6 EB has been flawless for it's first 20K miles/3 years of life, and it really surprises most out there with it's unexpected quickness, so yeah, I just don't 'get' all of the naysayers. :shrug;

(Yes, I know that most on this site could not give a **** about any actual performance at all, so maybe that's their rationale??)

Well my reasons are the fact that the 1.6 is only making 10 more HP and has to be turbo charged to do so. It also has a timing belt vs timing chain in the 2.5. I know that the 2013-2014 1.6 engines had overheat problems in the Escapes. And the 2.5 is an old and proven platform. Not bashing but those are my thoughts on the engines.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger

I haven't owned a Ford in decades. What are the issues with turbo engines? I figured they learned something from Volvo.

My 1.6 EB has been flawless for it's first 20K miles/3 years of life, and it really surprises most out there with it's unexpected quickness, so yeah, I just don't 'get' all of the naysayers. :shrug;

(Yes, I know that most on this site could not give a **** about any actual performance at all, so maybe that's their rationale??)

Well my reasons are the fact that the 1.6 is only making 10 more HP and has to be turbo charged to do so. It also has a timing belt vs timing chain in the 2.5. I know that the 2013-2014 1.6 engines had overheat problems in the Escapes. And the 2.5 is an old and proven platform. Not bashing but those are my thoughts on the engines.

Definitely a chain > belt person. Good call.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger

For your purposes, the NA 2.5 is perfect.
smile.gif

My only NA choice for this car was a base model with the unboosted 1.6, so I will live with a timing belt, and it's need for changing every 100K miles (the manual states 150K, but I will not chance that) to get the performance of the EB in a LIGHT car.
wink.gif
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back