Shower Valve & Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kohler has life-time warranty and they back it up, no questions asked. Good investment if you'll be in your home for a while.

I recommend the Moen. If anything breaks they will send you a new free part as long as you own it.
Call 1-800-buymoen
Kohler is hard to deal with when there are problems.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by walterjay
I recommend the Moen. If anything breaks they will send you a new free part as long as you own it.
Call 1-800-buymoen
Kohler is hard to deal with when there are problems.

Technically pretty much all decent brand name plumbing parts have a lifetime warranty. I tend to just use Symmons. They're pretty much everywhere and at this point, I pretty much know to replace the stem and the hot/cold seats and diverts if there are problems. I like to get the model now with the shut offs built into the hot/cold supply. Makes it easy to take them apart and rebuild them. Symmons is pretty good about sending the parts, they even send you the tools to replace it. If you're in a hurry you can also buy all those parts at Home Depot too. Plus if you don't know how to fix them, plenty of youtube videos on them.

Put in a Moen last year and it works great but it feels flimsy. It was a big job to get it installed so I hope it lasts.

I've had new Moen's leak just a little after one year. Not enough to take it apart and get a new cartridge replacement, but still, shouldn't have started leaking that soon. The parts of the house that I have Kohler faucets, have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back