Android Oreo 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my new Motorola Phone and all the features just look so basic/generic/cheap looking. Is that because of Android or Motorola ?

What phone did you have before? Motorola uses a pretty basic version of Android and doesn't use a heavily customized skin like Samsung. Purists typically appreciate that and download their own launcher.

Originally Posted by dishdude
What phone did you have before? Motorola uses a pretty basic version of Android and doesn't use a heavily customized skin like Samsung. Purists typically appreciate that and download their own launcher.

LG Ultimate 2 L41C. Are you saying you can change it?

You got a budget phone that runs a stock version of Android with little customization.

Some people like that, others don't.

Other manufacturers like Samsung put a lot more customization into their phones/android.

The flip side is the phone should update quickly as Android does, and you can customize it if you want.

Just got the new update on my S9....they did away with the buttons and now you got to swipe. HATE IT.

Motorola uses a pretty much pure Android with no skins over it. This allows it to run light without a bunch of bloat which is good because the G6 is an economy phone (I'm using a G5 Plus so no judgment here). I don't care for the stock launcher so I use Evie on it and it runs just fine plus you can customize the colors and icons to your liking without adding much in memory use.

Look for launchers in Playstore. Used to use Apus a long time ago before I switched to Moto. Actually think I used it to hide the skin on a LG phone. To each their own I guess. That's why Android beats Apple. You have more choices.

Originally Posted by Schmoe
Just got the new update on my S9....they did away with the buttons and now you got to swipe. HATE IT.

Is there no option to switch it back?

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
A launcher is the primary phone user interface that lets you customize your home screen and access and start (launch)

So it's pretty much the home screen then? I want a nicer calendar and phone directery etc.

I love phones without BLOATWARE installed by the manufacturer and I will never buy one with bloatware, Verizon is famous for installing their cr+p on phones..
A clean install of Android rules.
Why would someone want the manufacturer to fill up their device with stuff they make money off of and slow up your phone and use your data when you have a choice of millions of apps in the play store to tailor to your needs and wants?

Same with computers for me, just give me a clean install of windows.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Warstud
Originally Posted by Danno
Which Model?

Moto S6

Its probably Moto G6, not S6

Its pure Android. Most other makers use their own modification of android which can get difficult to deal with and/or almost impossible to remove. I have used HTC in the past, while it looked awesome and some of the features were good, some were equally annoying and difficult to get rid of.

Hit XDA Developer board and read up. A ton of info available. If you can root the device, you can design it the way you want. I personally like Pure android, no bloatware. I choose what I want to put on it and the way I want to work 'for me'. I don't want a manufacturer or the operator to choose/tell what I should use and what I should not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back