Heart stopping breakfasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by joegreen
If a plant eats meat such as a venus fly trap and a vegan eats a venus fly trap do they now eat meat?
Cows eat vegetables so are cows vegetables.

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Looks great to me!

Read this: https://thebigfatsurprise.com/

An outstanding read. It's not a dietary book, per se. What I found most interesting is the scientific methods used, and how flawed many of them were. This is the primary focus of the book. If you like test methodologies and scientific experiment, and how flawed and corrupt they are, this book is for you.

Scott

You should take a look at my Keto thread. The results are impressive.

I was just thinking about a movie I saw some time ago that was set in pre-WWI England and showed a man eating a breakfast that featured what appeared to be a small circle of meat surrounded by a wide ring of a sorta whitish-clearish fat.
It popped back into my head when I was eating a breakfast burrito during my ski break on Saturday (conditions were outstanding BTW) and the bacon was looking a bit odd to me...seemed to be no crispy meat and all fat.

Anybody have any idea what this apparently traditional English breakfast item might have been?
It looked like something I would not touch with a ten foot fork...

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
I was just thinking about a movie I saw some time ago that was set in pre-WWI England and showed a man eating a breakfast that featured what appeared to be a small circle of meat surrounded by a wide ring of a sorta whitish-clearish fat.
It popped back into my head when I was eating a breakfast burrito during my ski break on Saturday (conditions were outstanding BTW) and the bacon was looking a bit odd to me...seemed to be no crispy meat and all fat.

Anybody have any idea what this apparently traditional English breakfast item might have been?

Unfortunately no and the ten foot fork thing is pretty much the majority of British food. The only thing worse is Dutch blood sausages.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

Unfortunately no and the ten foot fork thing is pretty much the majority of British food. The only thing worse is Dutch blood sausages.

Must be a European thing, the Brits have their blood pudding and there is the German blutwurst (described as blood with chunks of fat by a traveler friend of mind).
I guess there is a lot of nutrition in blood and waste not, want not, right? I would rather want, to be honest...

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Looks great to me!

Read this: https://thebigfatsurprise.com/

An outstanding read. It's not a dietary book, per se. What I found most interesting is the scientific methods used, and how flawed many of them were. This is the primary focus of the book. If you like test methodologies and scientific experiment, and how flawed and corrupt they are, this book is for you.

Scott

You should take a look at my Keto thread. The results are impressive.

I'll check it out. All I know about the Keto diet is that EVERYONE I know who has tried it has lost alot of weight, and did so very quickly. Other than a short bout of the "Keto flu" when they first started, they feel great.

However, the Keto diet is contrary to the dietitians of the world, the food pyramid, government recommendations, etc. Strange though, that following the dietary recommendations of the "experts" sees us in an era of ever increasing obesity and chronic cardiac/coronary illness. And it's not because of people sitting in front of video games.

Read the book - the "experts" may not be experts after all. The book exposes them and their long history of flawed scientific method.

Scott

Our food guide here changed recently to include more plant based foods and less meat. There is a south African doctor that fought and won against charges against him where he was promoting the Keto diet and had all the lab results and patients to prove that it works for folks that are obese, type-2 diabetic and/or have metabolic syndrome. The Magic Pill on Netflix is what got us interested in it and as a result I'm down almost 130lbs in a year and no longer type-2 diabetic on my blood work. Cholesterol is much better whereas it was a borderline problem before for me. Spouse has the same results.

Vegans usually look unhealthy to me. And the ones that look healthy I think they are sneaking to steakhouses when no ones around. I went to Poland last year and was given a campfire dinner that was fantastic! I asked what it was and was reluctantly told it was blood sausage. I would bet a quart of your favorite brand that most people would like that stuff too if not told what it was. It is our western sensibilities that keeps us from trying something that at the store it looks most heinous.

OP,
-why only 1 egg?
-Honey, who shrunk the sausages?

P.S. I think it had been mentioned in past threads that most of the western current diet source of vitamin K is in hot-dogs (since almost nobody eats organs anymore)???

We eat 2 packs of bacon each weekend between the 2 of us. Delicious.
Egg omelets with ham and cheese.

Sometimes we will even do this for dinner through the week.

Our Cholesterol is perfect as well.

Do you eat peameal bacon or the other kind? I prefer peameal, nice thick slices of it.

One of my favorite things to eat is healthy sausage.
It is typically lean chicken with interesting add ins
like herbs, jalapenos, apples, artichokes, garlic, sundried tomatoes, etc.
The sodium is moderate.
There are no nitrates or preservatives.
I will slow cook it in coconut oil, to brown the links.
As side dishes,
I go for some raw kraut
and some good mustard to get some more flavor going.
I do not mind slamming a whole package
of these tasty dogs in one sitting.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Of course, a smoothie
with a large amount of leafy greens,
whey powder and almond milk
is always included, too.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
We eat 2 packs of bacon each weekend between the 2 of us. Delicious.
Egg omelets with ham and cheese.

Sometimes we will even do this for dinner through the week.

Our Cholesterol is perfect as well.

Do you eat peameal bacon or the other kind? I prefer peameal, nice thick slices of it.

Thick cut strip bacon usually, sometimes peameal for a treat.

Pan fried Montreal smoked meat with eggs over easy on multi-grain toast.

C62AECAC-FD3A-4520-877A-9153B8F9C2A6.jpeg

4B15F9D8-B935-40C6-9A1D-E5D4B90B5C4F.jpeg

Last edited:
I usually eat something like this for breakfast, whether it's at home, at a restaurant, or from the caterer at work. Unlike many, I am not terrified of consuming whole eggs.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back