Healthy eating habits of BITOGers

If you start with banana not being BEST way for to get potassium (relative to the hype and yes they do have a lot of K) and they are just a huge carb and sugar load, then you are already avoiding them and looking at healthy alternatives.

Nothing wrong with the Med diet really but those people who live a long healthy life on the med diet are super active. They walk hills and stairs for a couple hours at least every day.

But yes my weakness I just eat TOO MUCH in one sitting. Working on that.
This was served in the E Med - so I have been on that diet 😷

IMG_0465.jpeg

In the end NO matter what diet you follow its about calorie deficit for cuts or calorie surplus for gains. I don't care if it's a bag of donuts or a Ribeye steak in vs out is what will dictate gains or cuts.

In the end NO matter what diet you follow its about calorie deficit for cuts or calorie surplus for gains. I don't care if it's a bag of donuts or a Ribeye steak in vs out is what will dictate gains or cuts.
Wrong. Sure for a machine, true. But not the way humans operate. Much much more complex.

That is just not correct, especially in the long run. Just look at simple things like BG response.

Yeah I know you will argue you are correct, and sure I agree, and I USED to think just the same. But no one will operate like that.

What you eat makes a HUGE difference.

Wrong. Sure for a machine, true. But not the way humans operate. Much much more complex.

That is just not correct, especially in the long run. Just look at simple things like BG response.

Yeah I know you will argue you are correct, and sure I agree, and I USED to think just the same. But no one will operate like that.

What you eat makes a HUGE difference.
No agreement just stating truth why I see people fail day in and day out I've lost near 100lbs and kept it off for years now 50 years old I understand what needs to be done 6'1 167 this morning killing the workout today I know a thing or two.

No agreement just stating truth why I see people fail day in and day out I've lost near 100lbs and kept it off for years now 50 years old I understand what needs to be done 6'1 167 this morning killing the workout today I know a thing or two.
You know your body. Good.

Of course on pure calorie view, you have to be right. It's basic thermodynamics.

I'm just saying, it's not correct for the human or other animal body. Say a person eats 2000 calories a day of steak and collard greens another, exact same twin person eats 2000 calories a day of just donuts.

Tell me know about each person after 3 months. BMI. Weight. Fitness. Liver condition. Micro nutrient levels.

I don't do any of those diets, but I would say I am careful of added sugar and the amount of fats in my diet. I used to crave fried chickens but gradually I lost interest, and I used to drink a lot of sugary drinks and now I drink black coffee and tea with no cream or sugar. Eat PB&J sandwiches for breakfast, chicken breast and broccoli + carb for lunch, sometimes 2-4 panfried eggs for a meal, sometimes hard boiled eggs, sometimes costco $5 chicken, sometimes croissants sometimes muffins etc.

I eat small to med portion in junk food but I always try to make sure I have just a little only, then have a big meal afterward so it stop my craving. I also try my best to workout before bed when I am done with everything else, read on elliptical or stationary bike and let time pass, that's an easy 200-300 calories gone without me even noticing.

Beef stews or noodles would be a treat once in a while when I have time, kids love them but it is not the best (lots of tallow or bone marrow oil or no flavor). I think it is like every other week or so.

I do OMAD probably half of the time and did so today.
I am now 67 and have very nice blood work results and even meet BMI, although BMI was probably developed in Bangladesh during a famine.
We will share a 1.2 lbs steak broiled for dinner with broccoli and we are now enjoying a nice brut sparkling wine as we prep dinner at a leisurely pace.
I am so glad that I don't need to worry about cholesterol, weight or blood glucose.
Healthy diet, or merely favorable genetics?
My father has passed, but my mother is thirty years my senior and still lives on her own.

Sometimes portion control is good. I've been better at that. Pasta for example - killer carb. BUT you can eat some every couple weeks if you are at or very close to your controlled weight goal. Especially before hard physical work, hike, bike. Just weigh out an ounce, and you will surprised with other food how much that is and for most it won't be a catastrophic blood glucose spike (like eating half a package). Another example from yesterday, mayonnaise. A tablespoon is actually a LOT, use a teaspoon. Nice calorie saving.

True confession: In my early, studly prime (you know, like vava) I would eat a whole package of pasta. Wow!!

Another example from yesterday, mayonnaise. A tablespoon is actually a LOT, use a teaspoon. Nice calorie saving.
I make this killer Polish vegetable salad dish once a year. It's got finely chopped carrots, celery root, parsley root, onions, pickles, apples, peas, and eggs, and it takes about 400g of mayo. I think 1 tbsp is 13g, so that's 30 tablespoons. Alas, it makes a huge tub that lasts me more than a week. Still, that's a lot of mayo. Thankfully, it's just a once-a-year kind of thing as it's a lot of work to make. :)

I make this killer Polish vegetable salad dish once a year. It's got finely chopped carrots, celery root, parsley root, onions, pickles, apples, peas, and eggs, and it takes about 400g of mayo. I think 1 tbsp is 13g, so that's 30 tablespoons. Alas, it makes a huge tub that lasts me more than a week. Still, that's a lot of mayo. Thankfully, it's just a once-a-year kind of thing as it's a lot of work to make. :)
I suppose you could just limit how much salad has a tablespoon.

:LOL: :cool:

Don't tell @vavavroom he would love that salad. Knocking at your door love. :LOL:🤪

That maths out a bit better.

I didn't know volumes of veggies and servings.
Yes, I mentioned a "huge tub" as I haven't actually measured/weighed it. It almost filled a whole 4qt Tupperware container. Probably weighed at least 4 lbs, and a typical serving would be about 5-6 oz.

this post prolly be banned as is common!! sad that censorship is everywhere!! we must read + learn + take responsibility for our health or not! lots of untruths on line but good info as well + i read a lot + trust DR Sten Ekburg + Dr Ken D Berry info. i was only a bit chubby BUT BP was too high, cleaned up my diet + cut carbs + all is well at 75YO. for ME skipping a real breakfast works because your already fasting overnight! NEVER eat between my TWO daily meals + my 1 pm is the biggest meal + very light at 7 PM, sleep at 11ish, works for me! Dr Ekburg notes the checking fasting insulin is key as as it gets higher TRYING to control your glucose even with a decent A1C, he explains how the body works!!!
Dr. Berry and Dr. Ekburg are fantastic.

That's my idea of Polish salad. It's basically sauerkraut with some other vegetables thrown in. I like it with meat and sausages. Mayo was invented by the French and for some reason, the Russians eat more of it than anyone else.

That's my idea of Polish salad. It's basically sauerkraut with some other vegetables thrown in. I like it with meat and sausages. Mayo was invented by the French and for some reason, the Russians eat more of it than anyone else.

What's the sugar in that one?

I saw that about the Russians yesterday. Who knew those sneaky russkies are eating the world supply of mayo?? And wow they eat a LOT of mayo!!!

Back