Healthy eating habits of BITOGers

So, this is inspiring for me.

I'm 54, a bit overweight and need to lose probably 50 pounds. Carb addict for sure. My blood work is also pretty good, but need to lose some weight. Blood pressure a little high, but other than that pretty good.

A friend of mine did the intermittent fasting and lost weight, but then had a heart attack! He's okay, but freaked us all out.

Not sure what OMAD is?

Anyway, I need to figure something out.
16/8 Intermittent fasting works. Lost right at 50 pounds. It worked for me because I was not food group restricted. Any fasting for more than 12 hours is beneficial and helps fight insulin resistance. The more the merrier.

1700675963475.jpg

this post prolly be banned as is common!! sad that censorship is everywhere!! we must read + learn + take responsibility for our health or not! lots of untruths on line but good info as well + i read a lot + trust DR Sten Ekburg + Dr Ken D Berry info. i was only a bit chubby BUT BP was too high, cleaned up my diet + cut carbs + all is well at 75YO. for ME skipping a real breakfast works because your already fasting overnight! NEVER eat between my TWO daily meals + my 1 pm is the biggest meal + very light at 7 PM, sleep at 11ish, works for me! Dr Ekburg notes the checking fasting insulin is key as as it gets higher TRYING to control your glucose even with a decent A1C, he explains how the body works!!!

66 here and weigh what I did in high school. We eat little red meat, no fried food, and too many carbs. My secret is walk dogs 4-5 miles every day and 3 hard mountain bike rides a week of around 2 hours each. Could do better with greens and fruit, trying all the time. Blood pressure on the low end of high, hereditary, take a low dose statin when I remember.

OMAD is the best way to feed dogs, their system is designed for it but most owners (including my boss) won't do it because don't want them to go hungry.

I just had 1 oz (dry weight) of clean Italian pasta with my goulash. In 45 more minutes I will check my BG. Also there was some balsamic on my moozza and tomatoes. Not much else carb load.

I need a CGM!
My BG was 130. Really reasonable, and it's dropping back quickly. I'll go back to no pasta, wanted to see.

If you start with banana not being BEST way for to get potassium
Years ago I switched to raisins for potassium. Still lots of sugar but store much better on bike rides.

Potatoes also have potassium, that’s why I eat potatoes chips… its a health food… something like that.

My wife has gotten into shakes. I tried one, did not like, I thought it more sweet than most soda! haven’t figured those out, although maybe they great as a post workout recovery thing (I don’t workout hard enough to need that).

My wife has gotten into shakes. I tried one, did not like, I thought it more sweet than most soda! haven’t figured those out, although maybe they great as a post workout recovery thing (I don’t workout hard enough to need that).
What does she sweeten them with? Best is berries ONLY for sweet. Need some kale in there and vanilla protein powder.

What does she sweeten them with? Best is berries ONLY for sweet. Need some kale in there and vanilla protein powder.
They come sweetened, all she does is blend in some ice. Shakeology is the brand? She signed up for the Beach Body channel on Roku, and apparently found this stuff there, in one of the workout programs. It works for her, and since she does the bills, I don't know what it costs. ;)

I think it's high in maldextrose (?) or something like that. She has a shake for breakfast now, nothing else for breakfast, bit of regular food for lunch, regular dinner.

Our problem is that wine is too tasty... and with winter about here, goes too well with old favorite TV shows in the evening.

They come sweetened, all she does is blend in some ice. Shakeology is the brand? She signed up for the Beach Body channel on Roku, and apparently found this stuff there, in one of the workout programs. It works for her, and since she does the bills, I don't know what it costs. ;)

I think it's high in maldextrose (?) or something like that. She has a shake for breakfast now, nothing else for breakfast, bit of regular food for lunch, regular dinner.

Our problem is that wine is too tasty... and with winter about here, goes too well with old favorite TV shows in the evening.
Yeah no. http://img1.beachbodyimages.com/tea...gredients/shk-ing-cafe-latte-en-us-040620.pdf

She's paying to join and buying the sugar drinks. But if she is lean and trim, who am I to judge. Just not for me.

ETOH and sitting. Terrible habit. Fatty liver baby!

ETOH and sitting. Terrible habit. Fatty liver baby!
Yeah but it's wicked enjoyable... I think this weekend I have to think about how to change that. I sit at a desk job enough, but end of the day has to have some means of shutting it down. Wife and I have pretty separate lives, bit of TV (with a good laugh) can be nice.

Yeah but it's wicked enjoyable... I think this weekend I have to think about how to change that. I sit at a desk job enough, but end of the day has to have some means of shutting it down. Wife and I have pretty separate lives, bit of TV (with a good laugh) can be nice.
I can walk the circumference outside my house, all concrete. It's not long, but not short either. Open all three gates the first warm up lap. If I absolutely powerwalk 5-10 laps, it doesn't take a huge amount of time, but after my two meals it makes a measurable difference. Gets my muscle cells using the sugar already there so they can uptake the new, BG drops.

Sitting right after meals has a terrible impact on me. But the good news, it does not take a marathon to make a difference.

Cardiac issues run in my family, so I’m big on avoiding sodium & sugar whenever possible. That and regular exercise keep my BP & weight under control. Reading label ingredients is my new hobby.

Back