Raybestos Reliant Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if these are a new name change but there is very little to no information nor reviews on these pads.

https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybestos/products/brake-pads/reliant.html

"Reliantâ„¢ brake pads, our mid-grade friction line, offer reliable stopping power"

The pricing on RockAuto for my Fusion is confusing.. The Reliants are cheaper than the Service Grades. And according to Raybestos the Service Grades are their cheapest offerings

Service Grade- Value $21
Reliant - Mid Grade $17
EHT- Premium $29

FWIW there is no listing for the Professional Grades which are also Premiums on RockAuto

The EHTs have been fantastic in my Fit which has undersize brakes and also my Suburban which is heavy in itself plus I two with it.

The new to me 2011 Fusion is a daily driver commuter car.. and the brakes are OK on it at 40K miles but i think they are organic.. at least thats what i gather from RockAuto motorcraft listings.

Which pads would you go with ?

Well, IDK however, I have use Raybestos Pro Grade & Service Grade Ceramic with a coefficient of friction(CoF) of FF and loved'em. But keep in mind that I prefer a CoF of FF and not GG. So, if I liked the top line-ProGrade & bottom line-Service Grade then, the Reliant- Mid Grade should be OK too.

Lots of folks like a CoF of GG, I don't. GG may in fact have better stopping power when driving HARDER(I can't define harder). I have never felt confident with GG Pads even in hard stopping situation on the highway. They feel too greasy for me and lack the initial stopping power or "BITE", that I prefer as in OEM pads. Just like how the vehicle left the factory.
smile.gif

I would go with EHT, I recently installed them on my Sienna and so far they are great but it's too soon to tell how they will be long term.

I placed the EHT on my Impala in late November and have been more than pleased with their performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back