Regular/Standard Cab Truck People - What do you keep in the cab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you consider important enough to keep in the cab in the limited space you have? For me, I found that funnels and fluids are important enough to keep in the cab and it's almost as if GM designed this space exactly for this purpose because it all fits perfectly.
[Linked Image]

In mine I had basic tools and fluids and jack behind the seat, on the passenger side (single never had passengers) I kept weather clothing and extra gas can.

Every truck I've had have been regular cabs, all 10 of them, and every time I sold one, I was always amazed at how much I could squirrel away in them, and out of sight. I have a Tahoe now, and even as big as it is inside, there is much less room to stash stuff.

Hardly anything. I keep a windshield shade and a quart of ATF for my leaky power steering pump. I dont keep any tools in there because I do not want them to be stolen. I might take them if I go somewhere far but I hardly ever do that in the truck.

I used to hardly keep anything in there, but there's a pile of junk in there now. Extra coolant, jumper cables, 2 snow brushes, rubber mallet (fuel pump tool, heh), old Taco Bell bag, door spring, and a bunch of left over screws and bolts...

Jumper cables, windshield shade, frost guard windshield cover, gloves, stocking hat, two ice scrapers. I have a tonneau cover for bigger things, shovel, snowjoe, fold up step stool and a plastic box with tie downs and tow strap. I put one of those Pop & Lock on it to keep the honest guy honest.

Jumper cables, spare jug of antifreeze, floor jack & tools (that's where GM puts them), big ice scraper, extra work gloves, couple of ratchet straps, extra ball mount. This is on the GMC, the Dodge has a Mega Cab (which has ridiculous room behind the back seat, could probably put a cooler back there), the F-SuperDuty/450 probably has similar behind the seat as the GMC does.

Mine's a crew cab, but the space behind the back seat is basically the same as what you would have behind the seat of a regular cab. Behind the seat I have a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, Craftsman tool kit, oil, and coolant. I also have a tool box in the bed where I keep a bunch more stuff.

Not much. Ropes, gloves. Lotsa blues CD's. Of course if I have work to do somewhere, all kindsa stuff.
I guess there is a flashlight (dead batteries) and a multi-knife in the glove.
Extra reading glasses. Dunno...

Lots of stuff, from a basic tool set to fluids, coolers, always a sleeping bag and a large blanket, a fire extinguisher, sometimes a tent if I'm traveling out of the city. Plus the sub for the sound system and all the amps etc are back there. What do you not put there? Stuff you bought at the mall that day. That goes on the floor in the passenger compartment or on the seat (floor is best for anything breakable; if it can't fall off the seat, it can't break) with the standard cab truck.

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't get the 8 foot box, there's no point in getting the standard cab truck.

I've owned one Extended Cab and about a dozen Standard Cab trucks. I still prefer the Standard Cab and the 8 foot box configuration, but they are almost impossible to find used these days and are expensive new (all the deals are on Extended Cab versions, so in the end they are either only a bit more expensive, and often are cheaper than Standard Cabs).

The Z71 in signature is a regular cab … let's see
Jumper cables, air compressor, plug kit, soft side tool bag with lots of wrenches, pliers, screw drivers etc, nylon recovery strap, short chain, factory jack, 12 ton bottle jack, (oak pad for that), clamps, bungee cords, duct tape, electric tape, shop towels, bottled water etc … this stuff is behind or under seats … room to spare as new truck ages …

The new ones have dual console, dual glovebox, and dual door pockets so lots of multi tools, flashlights, chargers, bug repellent, sunscreen, sunglasses, emergency phone, all pertinent paperwork …

In the bed I keep a big chain locked with matching lock attached … use it for locking expensive coolers/items, clump weight for plastic recycling or lumber, and yet another recovery item …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back