Here it is folks. Amazon Basics Full Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: itguy08
I've been in this industry long enough to see the cycles. We're in the "large computer in the cloud" phase just like mainframes back in the day. Something will happen and we'll got back to on prem or some other form of cloud.

I think the hybrid cloud approach is the future. Baseload on premise, and elastic load in the cloud.

Last year I heard snap paid more than half of their revenue to AWS. Mining the miner makes more money, I guess.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
90% of my IRA is Amazon and I made a little money YTD.

A smart investor would know that is a very dumb idea to have all your eggs in one basket or one stock.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
90% of my IRA is Amazon and I made a little money YTD.

A smart investor would know that is a very dumb idea to have all your eggs in one basket or one stock.

I agree.

Amazon will ALWAYS charge more when it can get away with it, sadly, people forget to look elsewhere.
Walmart online Supertech Dexos is $15.98

Rather buy from Walmart anyday over Amazon.
Great post though, didnt know they started with private label motor oil.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I recall a thread on this last week. why another?

Advertising?

Feds need to take Amazon apart.

Stop shopping there (I've not shopped Amazon in a long time) and they will go away. The sooner Amazon gets knocked down or reduced the better off we all will be.

And yes it's free Advertising - just like Prime day, puff pieces on Alexa, etc.

^^^AGREE 100% ^^^
So many other places to buy from, Amazon is WAY to big and for gods sake, read my post above!
Much rather buy from Walmart and Walmarts Supertech oil is $15.98!

Last edited:
Amazon never said they were the cheapest online retailer.

Lots of websites you can use to search for the same item on Amazon much cheaper somewhere else. One BITOG member (forgot his name) says he saves lots of money using Camel Camel Camel.

Next time I'll use CCC when I will buy something online.

Amazon never said they were the cheapest online retailer.

Lots of websites you can use to search for the same item on Amazon much cheaper somewhere else. One BITOG member (forgot his name) says he saves lots of money using Camel Camel Camel.

Next time I'll use CCC when I will buy something online.

Agree … based on a tip here … got Delvac 1 gear oil far cheaper from an online competitor …
(only go to Amazon for price check anyway … don’t do business with them and have cut way back on online)

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Amazon will ALWAYS charge more when it can get away with it, sadly, people forget to look elsewhere.
Walmart online Supertech Dexos is $15.98

Rather buy from Walmart anyday over Amazon.
Great post though, didnt know they started with private label motor oil.

Even if you don't have a GM vehicle, is the Dexos a good thing to see on the bottle meaning it's not junk?

The best 5w or 10w 30 ive used in NON-TURBO APP in the past 5 yearis QSUD 10w30 and it is not dexos approved.

Had some BAD dexos 1 oils. DEXOS logo is NOT a guarantee of good performance or even acceptable performance.

PCMO is a low buck commodity product - don't expect miracles.

Last edited:
LOL'ing at you guys bashing Amazon and saying you'd rather shop WalMart... Really???

They're both the exact same thing just one is a brick and mortar and the other purely online! Lesser of two evils maybe?

I have Prime, 90% of the time I find items cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else. Wife loves to read so the free books and Kindle thing work great.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
LOL'ing at you guys bashing Amazon and saying you'd rather shop WalMart... Really???

Yes.

Because Walmart is cheaper and free shipping (above $35) without having to pay for membership.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

Yes.

Because Walmart is cheaper and free shipping (above $35) without having to pay for membership.

Let me check my list:

B.B. pork ribs
Sausage (made 5 miles from here)
Stubs marinade and BBQ sauce
Bush’s beans
Limes
Bread
Bottled water
Dog food
Paper towels
Gorilla glue
Techron
iPhone cover
0w20 jug
Ice

So Amazon or Walmart ?

Last edited:

I have Prime, 90% of the time I find items cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else.

I'm a Primer too, lately I'm finding eBay vendors and Rockauto beating them on some automotive stuff.
Go to Rockauto, get the part numbers from their excellent system, then plug them into eBay and Amazon.

But I think as Amazon matures, they're exploring price points.
It's still a great deal, just the streaming music and video and books is worth the yearly fee for me.

I read on CNBC one of their next projects may be Amazon gas stations where Primers get a discount.

Last edited:
Most sophisticated retailers these days try to price based on their customers profile. A lot of that work is done automatically via AI and all the places you visited recently.

I once caught Target selling me something at different price whether I order at home then go to pickup in the store, vs in the store and then price the item using the app in store.

Amazon also do the same thing (in vs out of stock for sure, not sure about price based on regions), as do Safeway (statically based on region), and any B&M stores.

As usual, the lazy customers are the most profitable customers. This is the main reason they want to do the dash buttons and subscription purchases, so you will not go to google and never check every retailer manually again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nascarnation

I have Prime, 90% of the time I find items cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else.

I'm a Primer too, lately I'm finding eBay vendors and Rockauto beating them on some automotive stuff.
Go to Rockauto, get the part numbers from their excellent system, then plug them into eBay and Amazon.

But I think as Amazon matures, they're exploring price points.
It's still a great deal, just the streaming music and video and books is worth the yearly fee for me.

I read on CNBC one of their next projects may be Amazon gas stations where Primers get a discount.

The problem with Amazon getting into oil and gas derivatives is they are not … We already have no shortage of middle men in this theatre now … I prefer thinking deeper (like those who explore deep) about who is more vital at the end of the day … the integrated energy companies are … that’s who I do business with …

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I recall a thread on this last week. why another?

Advertising?

Feds need to take Amazon apart.

Stop shopping there (I've not shopped Amazon in a long time) and they will go away. The sooner Amazon gets knocked down or reduced the better off we all will be.

And yes it's free Advertising - just like Prime day, puff pieces on Alexa, etc.

In a different universe they will go away...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Already got a review? Didn't it just come out?

And he is already on his second OC. He either changes his oil way to often or puts a ton of miles on his rig.

I can't wait for my engine to start knocking so I can try some!!!

Date First Available July 23, 2018 A ton of miles in 15 days.......doubtful. Just another fake Amazon review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back