Used HIgh Mileage oil in my low mileage vehicle, am I causing damage?

You guys are hung up on this alleged seal swelling. If it happens it's minute.

HM oils are good for having the catalytic converter killing additives that actually work to protect engines, though they still stay within API guidelines. Think of it like buying margarine, but getting the dye so you can make it look like butter again.

You'll notice oil companies combining HM with regular to make "all mileage" oil. What goes around, comes around.

PS if your cat dies, it's under an emissions warranty good for many years and miles. If you don't burn oil, you aren't sending this stuff to the cat.
Most HM oils have LESS cat-damaging additives, not more.

I recommend you make an appointment with the dealer for February so they can install a new long block!

In all seriousness, this will cause absolutely no problems whatsoever. Use it confidently until the next OCI.

We all know that, but adding them to a motor that is new doesn't make sense, when some expand the seal more then others as seen by my unscientific testing between Mobil 1 HM and Pennzoil HM. Ok, lets take YOUR new Porsche GT 3 with 5,000 and stick some Pennzoil HM in it. Of course my hypothetical would be name brand oil designed for that car but with the same seal expansion % as lets say the more aggressive Pennzoil HM formula. I am sure your in on doing that like I bet 95% here would have no problem adding it to make your point. Huh. I think not. But the commoner Toyota that is not yours.No problem.

HM oil has a "use case", a new motor is not that use case. Will it ruin the motor no, will it put unneeded stress on the new seals, plausible. Then why do it.
More misinformation...

Back