Here it is folks. Amazon Basics Full Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Already got a review? Didn't it just come out?

Couple things.... Amazon adds a "Verified buyer" or similar wording to reviews when the reviewer has actually purchased the product. Also, "Laura" is claiming this is oil-change # 3 using this oil so unless she was a "tester" for Amazon, it's just not possible. Lastly, I think the review is mocking BITOG or at least some members.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Still cant beat Super Tech Synthetic 0W20 for $15.98. Plus Walmarts are everywhere these days.

Yup! Just bought a jug of the Supertech 5W-30 synthetic high mileage for $15.98.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I recall a thread on this last week. why another?

Advertising?

Feds need to take Amazon apart.

I saw it on Amazon today for the first time with 0 reviews so I figured it was brand spankin' new.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Already got a review? Didn't it just come out?

And he is already on his second OC. He either changes his oil way to often or puts a ton of miles on his rig.

I can't wait for my engine to start knocking so I can try some!!!

Likely a spoof review. Plenty of those on Amazon. Here it is for those who don’t go there.

“....Great oil at a great price. My vehicles love this oil it makes them run very smooth. This oil ranks right up there with big $$ name brand oil at a fraction of the price. I had a small engine knock on one of my cars after using this oil for 2 oil changes the knock is gone and engine runs better than new. My other vehicle had an oil leak after using this oil the oil leak stopped and hasn't returned. If it's good enough for Bob is The Oil Guy it's good enough for me....”

Why would you pick the Jeffy Bezos oil when you could go with a long time proven Mobil 1 on Rollback for a few cents less?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Why would you pick the Jeffy Bezos oil when you could go with a long time proven Mobil 1 on Rollback for a few cents less?

Yep. This oil is overpriced. I just bought a jug of Valvoline Modern Engine for much much less than the Amazon oil.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Yeah, I wasn't all that impressed with the price. If it's not selling well, it will go down a little but probably not a lot. It can't be that cheap to ship 1.25 gallon.

Even the Castrol Magnatec Full Syn 0w20 is only $18 with subscribe and save. Why would you pay $5 more for Amazon Basics.

Also, now a 1 star review bashing the value.

Last edited:
They should call it something more appealing like Amazon Premium Synthetic. Has a better ring to it. Who want to buy basic oil for $22/jug.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut

Advertising?

Are you serious? I have made over $50k in 2.5 years on AMZN stock. Get on board now, there is still plenty of $$ to be made.
I will not sell my soul to overtly destructive forces.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
They should call it something more appealing like Amazon Premium Synthetic. Has a better ring to it. Who want to buy basic oil for $22/jug.

Right now you can buy Mobil 1, Mobil 1 AFE and Mobil 1 HM at Walmart for $22.88 and get an easily obtained rebate of $12 for the 5 qt jug. And as a bonus you can get an extra $5 rebate if you purchase a Mobil 1 oil filter at the same time, no brainer!

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Right now you can buy Mobil 1, Mobil 1 AFE and Mobil 1 HM at Walmart for $22.88 and get an easily obtained rebate of $12 for the 5 qt jug. And as a bonus you can get an extra $5 rebate if you purchase a Mobil 1 oil filter at the same time, no brainer!

Whimsey

But will Alexa fetch it for you?
Thus, the attraction.

Advertising?

Stop shopping there (I've not shopped Amazon in a long time) and they will go away. The sooner Amazon gets knocked down or reduced the better off we all will be.

And yes it's free Advertising - just like Prime day, puff pieces on Alexa, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut

Advertising?

Are you serious? I have made over $50k in 2.5 years on AMZN stock. Get on board now, there is still plenty of $$ to be made.

Crazy AWS growth will cause it to break $2000 a share. Tons of AWS cloud profits are on the horizon.

SatinSilver,

I do agree with you it has a terrible label. It looks like something the Coyote would use in his car to catch the Road Runner. The bottle needs to be yellow, orange or red with better label design.

yes i saw that on amazon the other day and was curious.

I'd buy it, but not for the price they are asking, especially since i can get name-brand synthetic for the same price or cheaper

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Crazy AWS growth will cause it to break $2000 a share. Tons of AWS cloud profits are on the horizon.

Except AWS is starting to plateau:

AWS Cloud lead shrinks

AWS is not cheap and companies are starting to figure that out as they nickel and dime you to death.

Not a huge fan of MS either but they are making progress in this areas as they easily can hook you in with your MS licensing (they give up free Azure instances).

AWS is easy to get in but like the roach motel hard to get out of and the costs do add up quite quickly. And not as reliable as they would have you think.

I've been in this industry long enough to see the cycles. We're in the "large computer in the cloud" phase just like mainframes back in the day. Something will happen and we'll got back to on prem or some other form of cloud.

I still don't get the love for them. They are often not cheapest, scam you into Prime, are eroding communities and jobs, have horrible working conditions, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
The bottle needs to be yellow, orange or red with better label design.

If it were going on store shelves, next to competing products, yes, the color would probably be better as something else. Since it's online-only, no, the black bottle is just fine.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Still cant beat Super Tech Synthetic 0W20 for $15.98. Plus Walmarts are everywhere these days.

Or the LV grades of WD's Mag1, which is basically the same product, available at Theisen's and many other outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back