Slightly frustrated with AAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Common sense? I bought the thing. My card was charged.

It’s not like I called and they had it for me that afternoon.

That's different. If you paid, it is yours and only yours.

Maybe you need a less common car.

When AAP gets my parts from World Pac they just sit there until I pick then up: no one else to sell them to!

Have to remember AAP is now owned by World Pac, and if I could I would order EVERYTHING from World Pac.

They've greatly expanded their domestic part coverage, stock THOUSANDS of OEM parts for less than the dealer, and they can O/N almost any part from one of their warehouses via UPS for (usually) free, sometimes a few bucks.

It's really unfortunate that WP isn't available to the public, although I kind of enjoy that since I work in a shop.

Common sense? I bought the thing. My card was charged.

It’s not like I called and they had it for me that afternoon.

They take your card information, but only charge you when you pick it up. That’s what they do when I order.

Quote:
Have to remember AAP is now owned by World Pac, and if I could I would order EVERYTHING from World Pac....

Actually it's vice versa, AAP acquired Worldpac and Carquest in 2014.

However as noted and recently discussed on another subforum, Worldpac Accounts only available to automotive businesses with a valid business license.

Bought an oil line for my truck with site to store pickup. Use my Speed Perks and a code bringing the bill to $20 with tax. Didn't make it to the store for a few days and went to pick it up.. The guy remembered pulling it, but it wasn't there anymore. (From what I've seen online, they always have at least 1 on hand.) Anyways, he said their system is still saying 1, but he'd reorder it for me and give me the same price.

Once I got home, I went online and saw they did not have one in stock, which tells me they ended up selling it even after I bought it.

Did this to me another time with a caliper. Ordered it online and picked it up that evening. When I was there to pick it up, the only part they had was the returned core.. It's not the money that frustrates me.. it's the principle. I could have easily went anywhere else in town or bought it online in the time it took.

This has actually happened to me before with AAP as well. Placed an order for in-store pickup, went there and one or two of the items were missing.

The people behind the counter spent half an hour trying to find them, telling me sometimes the inventory doesn't mesh up. It's 2018, how hard can it be to keep track of inventory? What [censored] me off about it was let's say someone stole the item or whatever happened led to the item count being desynchronized, why do they send out the e-mail telling me to come pick it up if they don't even have the order ready?

That AAP was run like [censored]. Whenever I would go to pick up an in-store pickup, they would go and look for the items on the shelf while I was waiting there. What's the point of in-store pickup then? Every other store picks the items for you and has them waiting in the back.

I've never ever had an in-store pickup experience at any other store where the item was out of stock when I got there except for AAP, or any other store where they pick the items when you get there. It's a [censored] show.

I complained to them and the manager of the store welcomed me back to apologize profusely, said it was definitely their fault that they told me I could come in when the items weren't even picked out and ready, gave me a 25.00 gift card.

I try to only use AAP/AZ when I have a good discount or coupon and on top of that 95% of my interactions with them are online order for pickup.

I'm a DIYer and have more than one vehicle I don't usually go in there needing something NOW.

Everytime I don't know what I'm gonna get. Only thing I know for certain is that the items were NOT collected or even .verified. prior to my arrival, which isn't even usually soon after my order.
Sometimes I go, and then the numbskulls go on a wild goose chase for my various items.
Sometimes, they give me the receipt and I have to walk around scavenging my parts.
Sometimes, items are missing despite showing a positive quantity in stock

Just the last time, the entire line of hose clamps I ordered was discontinued, but the inventory was not updated. After searching in every nook and cranny of the store the guy ended up manually editing my order and providing me with loose clamps out of a box.

A bit aggravating, but I don't lose any sleep over it. I go there only to get cheap parts. If I want hassle free I'll just order online for delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back