Great dog story to start your day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter had a Heeler she got from a rescue group in N.M. She has had several dogs over the years but loved that one like no other.........

We had a similar situation locally where a dog stayed with a child overnight that wandered off. Don't remember now if it was a cattle dog but in Arizona every dog at a shelter or in the pet classified ads is a cattle dog, cattle dog mix, or some form of a Chihuahua it seems.

Originally Posted By: 2dogs
What a great dog! I like dogs more than most people.

Be the person your dog thinks you are …
wink.gif

Told my wife the other day when we were discussing dogs we have had that if I was to get another dog it would be a healer. Saw many of those dogs when we lived in Craig,Colorado. Lots of sheep in that area and still tended by old timey shepards who live in traditional wagons hauled to the site by modern pickups. A way of life that is disappearing forever. Too bad.

great story about our beloved pets!! 2 doors down a neighbor has one + is he ever active!!! i + my girlfriend enjoy our livelier than most Bischons, be settles in after a good walk + is a total joy!!

Aren't dogs wonderful.

I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, and deeply suspicious of anyone my dog doesn't like. We've had shelties for about 30 years and if they don't like someone, they're usually right.

I've had lots of different dogs over the years from Pomeranian to Sheepdog and every one was special but have to say this ACD/blue heeler is hands down the best dog I've ever been blessed with. At 7 years he's in the prime of dog life, settled but still full of life, although I've noticed he's a a wee bit slower when we go out for our 4-6 mile mountain bike rides. Only issue that I have to watch is he's super protective around other dogs, he'll have nothing to do with nose/butt sniffing, just stay away from my people. Highly trainable and high energy, if you can keep up your end they're as good as it gets.

Cooper.

Good story.
I love my cattle dog to death (not purebred, but clearly a cattle dog). He is a bundle of crazy sometimes, but he is also just so cool, stoic, and loyal. I wish I could give him a field full of cattle to round up. He deserves more than I can give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back