Fram Ultra holding capacity information here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Publish the efficiency rating of filters using 1 gram of test dust per equivalent 1000 miles. The value stated by an expert. That would be at least 20 hours of running the 1 gram through the machine. That would be passing the 1 gram of dirt about 2,400 times through the filter at low gpm and 5 qt sump. Since this is on a machine in a room, footnote the results that this does not include rapid sludge formation possibilities as in real car, cold weather use. Then let's compare filters bottom lines.

Maybe you should start your own filter test laboratory, and redefine how oil filters are tested. But I doubt it's going to do any more good than the current ISO test for filter performance comparison.

I doubt my new better lab would make a dent in your loyalty so you are right, it won't do any good. Maybe you need to inquire about a Fram Ultra boutique dealership license and sell them on here. I would like an XG4386 as my Walmart is always out.
How is the Fram Ultra going to last 15k miles when used like this one you have already seen? How many grams of fat is this one holding after 4K?:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr..._G5#Post3354608

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Publish the efficiency rating of filters using 1 gram of test dust per equivalent 1000 miles. The value stated by an expert. That would be at least 20 hours of running the 1 gram through the machine. That would be passing the 1 gram of dirt about 2,400 times through the filter at low gpm and 5 qt sump. Since this is on a machine in a room, footnote the results that this does not include rapid sludge formation possibilities as in real car, cold weather use. Then let's compare filters bottom lines.

Maybe you should start your own filter test laboratory, and redefine how oil filters are tested. But I doubt it's going to do any more good than the current ISO test for filter performance comparison.

I doubt my new better lab would make a dent in your loyalty so you are right, it won't do any good. Maybe you need to inquire about a Fram Ultra boutique dealership license and sell them on here. I would like an XG4386 as my Walmart is always out.
How is the Fram Ultra going to last 15k miles when used like this one you have already seen? How many grams of fat is this one holding after 4K?:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr..._G5#Post3354608

Follow this link.
There you go. No problems man. You can order them of the internet. $7.30 a piece shipped to your door.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Motorking
In the PH8a size, the standard orange can of delight holds 11-12 grams, the only reason this filter cannot go 10k miles is the nitrile rubber ADBV (silicone coming in 2017 and EG will be rated to OE recommended change intervals!)

I thought most filters, including the Extra Guards, were suitable for manufacturer recommendations.

It sounds like the FRAM Extra Guard would not be suitable for Honda (change every other oil change), oil life monitors that can exceed 10k miles, or any manufacturer with fixed 10k mile intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back