Mann HU9254X "Remove" and post

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was in there for about 15 months and 10k miles with Mobil 1 0W-40. The mighty Mann filter laughs in the face of your tears, louvers, and burrs.

Castrol 0W-40 went in with a K&N PS-7007 because it was a pretty red color and I want to see how it would holds up. I have a Mahle 11427512300ML waiting in the wings if the the K&N looks all janky after some miles.

01.gif

Nobody makes cartridge oil filters for European vehicles better than German.

Mann, Hengst, Mahle ... are all excellent cartridge filter.

I used Hengst cartridge oil filter in my E430 for 2 OCI's in 2 years of about 10k miles each, the condition of the filter after about 20k miles was like new.

Last edited:
Quote:
... The mighty Mann filter laughs in the face of your tears, louvers, and burrs.

Of course being a cartridge filter for what must be a housing integral centertube application, two out of the three, louvers and burrs wouldn't even be a consideration. And unlike the spin on applications, 'generally speaking' cartridge tears have not been shown to be a significant anecdotal issue here.

That said, if the mighty Mann is laughing at those issues in spin on filters, then they are laughing at a product now entirely owned by them and produced completely under their purview with M&H Purolator. So in a sense, they are laughing at themselves.

To the topic, looks like quality made cartridge for sure. Too bad Mann hasn't brought the same QC/QA leadership shown with this cartridge to the M&H Puro spin ons posted here. It would appear, cannibalization is priority one as opposed to QC/QA at M&H Puro US. My.02

Thanks for the pics.

That's not a bad looking filter. I've seen plenty of these types wavy and with spread pleats. Seems to be doing fine.

I use either OEM or Mann oil filters for my 2 cars. I do sometimes use Bosch fuel filters, but the ones I use say made in Germany on them. I understand the Bosch filters sold in the US are made their, so they may not have the same QA checks.

The pics of the filter show it's not dirty at all, so it would probably be good for a second use interval. Nothing wrong with 2 for 1 oil and filter changes.

Last edited:
It's EXACTLY what my Volvo filters look like.

I theorized the higher cost of cartridge filters is due to the fact that they HAVE to put out a good product because it isn't hidden in a can.

Only enthusiasts like us bother to open them. Hmmm...we publish pictures, so why don't these torn media people clean up their act?

I did notice that the Purolater application for my filter is lighter and made of a softer material which has a slightly fuzzy texture.

Don't berate me as I got the Puro as part of a oil change deal. I was surprised that a filter for my car was included so I chose it.
One time deal-I swear!

I always just select a filter for my friends and relatives and use HM or Hengst filters bought in 3's from eEuroparts or FCPeuroparts.

Originally Posted By: Kira
I theorized the higher cost of cartridge filters is due to the fact that they HAVE to put out a good product because it isn't hidden in a can.

Not necessarily. Fram and Purolaotr cartridges can still be mediocre, and often too long, so they buckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back