2023 BMW X1 OEM filter

This is the first oil change from a ‘23 BMW X1 U11. Mileage on factory fill shown is from 0-5070 easy driven miles on odometer. I’m guessing the oil from factory is 0W-20 BMW twin power turbo oil? Measured used oil at 5.6qts as spec’d. OEM filter made by Mahle for BMW. Surprised by the lack of debris or shrapnel caught in the pleats. Maybe counted ~10 very tiny slivers as shown in the pics. Very nice post cleaning at engine assembly IMHO. No unusual odor of oil and color of old oil with new Castrol Edge Euro is shown for comparison. Will let the dealer perform the next change at 10K odometer.
IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg
IMG_0017.jpeg
IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_0020.jpeg
IMG_0019.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg

Great looking Austian made filter & Great visuals. Nice work! Are you going to run it again? Just check the oil level once the dealer changes it. You never know...

Great looking Austian made filter & Great visuals. Nice work! Are you going to run it again? Just check the oil level once the dealer changes it. You never know...
I actually did smile when I saw “made in Austria”. I will run this again at 15k, 25k, 35k,…. Although the oil filter I used was a P/N 11428570590 in a BMW box and couldn‘t source the original 11428575210. Maybe it’s truly a one up version at engine assembly plant and not available for retail? However, I will use my stock of Castrol Edge Euro 0w-20 as it’s the only LL-17FE+ that is reasonably cost that’s not an expensive boutique oil. Yes, verifying proper oil level at dealership after service is always good idea.

Last edited:
I think you’re right as ex. when Mini offered the 2.0 Turbo diesel which the Mahle OX 215/1D was spec’d as compatible fitment.

Maybe. If you look at the top of the filter you'll see a group of 4 digit lettering starting with "B". "B37A" "B47C" etc. These are BMW engine codes which included both gas and diesel variants. I'm not sure why Mahle would add the "1D" to their p/n to notate diesel.

BMW-B-Engine-Code-Key-Breakdown-B38-B46-B48-B58-2023.jpg

Last edited:
I actually did smile when I saw “made in Austria”. I will run this again at 15k, 25k, 35k,…. Although the oil filter I used was a P/N 11428570590 in a BMW box and couldn‘t source the original 11428575210. Maybe it’s truly a one up version at engine assembly plant and not available for retail? However, I will use my stock of Castrol Edge Euro 0w-20 as it’s the only LL-17FE+ that is reasonably cost that’s not an expensive boutique oil. Yes, verifying proper oil level at dealership after service is always good idea.
BMW sources OE filters from Mahle, Mann (most common) and Hengst.

Back