Why so much hate??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Did you mix with Lucas... That's bad, j/k kidding I am currently running Lucas in my power steering and fuel.
shocked.gif

People just have there favorites, which makes them better than other.

Last edited:
I think this forum has actually reduced my old antipathy for Fram oil filters and Pennzoil. While I don't anticipate seeking these brands, I've stopped trashing such selections by friends or acquaintances. I'm just glad that they change their oil and filter!

Originally Posted By: webfors
Umm... you're on a board where people obsess about oil... we're obviously a little nuts, so don't expect a rational explanation about anything
grin2.gif

+1

Originally Posted By: ag_ghost
I think this forum has actually reduced my old antipathy for Fram oil filters and Pennzoil. While I don't anticipate seeking these brands, I've stopped trashing such selections by friends or acquaintances. I'm just glad that they change their oil and filter!

I do not understand why someone hates on Fram when someone uses thier filters. They are good enough for your warrenty and I have yet seen one cause a engine to go the graveyard. I stay away from them because a fram just cost to much for what you pay for. But if owners are using a fram and changeing there oil at 5K to 7K I see no problem in using them.

So, when I get up in the morning and my van says,,Oh,please give me a quart of Mobil One, because I like it, its ok? lol.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
So, when I get up in the morning and my van says,,Oh,please give me a quart of Mobil One, because I like it, its ok? lol.

crackmeup2.gif

You know, just the other day my Mazda was telling me, "I'd run so much better if you could get me off the E10. I'm drownin' in this booze!" LOL!

Just to clarify for the older demographic, "hate" is a term the younger guys use on their car forums for anyone who doesnt build up their self-esteem by saying they are so cool for their latest expensive mod or race victory

Please quote my statement and hate that fact

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: glum
I have no problem with healthy debate or with reasoned opinions. Even bias is fine if the person seems cognizant that that's what it is. The only thing that annoys me (and I don't mean to imply that I dwell on these things) is when someone drops in a thread for no purpose other than to mindlessly add that "I won't use that company's oil". If these insipid people have nothing of substance to add, I have no interest in their posts.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
Triple thumbs up!

There is only two products that have reached the level of "hate" here. One is unfairly smeared for some nonexistent reason, the other can be rationally explained.

Fram OCD is hated, and most everyone will point to cardboard and shoddy construction. You can choose to agree or not, but the reasoning is present.

RP oil, OTOH, is one of the best products sold. However, people some how use tortured logic to blame it for anything and everything. I have read "it makes my 1983 Dodge with 350K miles car run rough" and other idiocies like that.
smirk.gif

I don't know if all the RP haters put together have even a single brain cell amongst them.

Wow, an example of an overdefender. I'm pretty sure you see stories like that outside of this board. Here, we tend to think RP is good, just overpriced.

Some people obsess over their purchasing decisions so much they become issues of right and wrong, and it's not just related to oil. They almost become moral decisions. Then our ego and pride get involved, and that's when it can become heated.

As stated, there are some very knowledgable posters here, for that I am grateful. However, it's the signal to noise ratio along with it that clutters up the forums. A lot of us aren't professionals in any automotive field, and we mostly have only ancecdotal evidence to support our claims. However, when someone is asking whether Dex III or Dex VI is better for their GM product and someone replies that ATF+4 worked great in their Chrysler, I just shake my head.

Originally Posted By: TMoto
...when someone is asking whether Dex III or Dex VI is better for their GM product and someone replies that ATF+4 worked great in their Chrysler, I just shake my head.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: glum
I have no problem with healthy debate or with reasoned opinions. Even bias is fine if the person seems cognizant that that's what it is. The only thing that annoys me (and I don't mean to imply that I dwell on these things) is when someone drops in a thread for no purpose other than to mindlessly add that "I won't use that company's oil". If these insipid people have nothing of substance to add, I have no interest in their posts.

Case in point to my earlier post.

Quacker State, Pennsoil, Smell. I have no use for any of that SOPUS garbage.
wink.gif

Give me Mobil 1, or give me death!
smile.gif

My ultimate fantasy is to fill my crankcase with Redline.

But seriously folks, there's a lot of good oils out there. You just can't live long enough to try them all. You make your decision and move forward. API specs guarantee that they will all work in your engine and not leave any seriously bad side effects.

Originally Posted By: EricJRoy
Just to clarify for the older demographic, "hate" is a term the younger guys use on their car forums for anyone who doesnt build up their self-esteem by saying they are so cool for their latest expensive mod or race victory

Actually, that's not a bad summary.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: EricJRoy

Actually, that's not a bad summary.

Haha, thanks, I was hoping someone would pick up on it and praise me for my, I dare say, wity and revealing remark. I'm just as needy as the next troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back