YTD 2018: Jeep Outselling all Toyota/Lexus Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamaha? … what just over 3% … Bezos could buy that and not drop his position …

Originally Posted By: lovcom
Jeep and other Chrysler vehicles are rated the WORSE set of cars by ConsumerReports Magazine.

These Cheep, I mean Jeep cars have a reputation for having a lot of problems.

Current Fiat made models and having a "reputation" are two different things. Even if current models are bad (not saying they are), that does not make a "reputation". Newer vehicles change all the time.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
For heaven sake don't compare Toyota (which owns classic brands like Lexus, Yamaha, Denso, Aisin etc etc) with Chrysler (a company no one wants on their portfolio).

They may build bland vehicles but awfully reliable vehicles!!

You are right.

Jeep is a child company whereas Toyota is a parent company..

Not a fair comparison at all!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Could you imagine having to drive a Toyota, and still feeling insecure enough to repeatedly tell strangers how supposedly unreliable their [non-toyota] is? It's clear that just owning the toyota is not satisfying, to the point that the illusion of superiority needs constant daily maintainance by deriding others and all of their inferior brands, while dropping pro-toyota platitudes like an obese elephant drops puckey.... ugh.

crackmeup2.gif

Wiser words could not have been typed.

I don't understand the prices their asking when the dealers are packed. Rented a Compass in San Antonio last week. Pretty nice ride overall but hated the stop/start. But compared to our 04 Escape the driving characteristics are the same and it's paid for, won't be upgrading anytime soon for $30k.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Could you imagine having to drive a Toyota, and still feeling insecure enough to repeatedly tell strangers how supposedly unreliable their [non-toyota] is? It's clear that just owning the toyota is not satisfying, to the point that the illusion of superiority needs constant daily maintainance by deriding others and all of their inferior brands, while dropping pro-toyota platitudes like an obese elephant drops puckey.... ugh.

crackmeup2.gif

Can somebody find pic of the Hemi powered Prius???

...and yes, I did own a Toyota. and yes, it was a way better car then what i grew up with in my itty-bitty years in Eastern Europe (any modern car would do that....)

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: KrisZ

crackmeup2.gif

Can somebody find pic of the Hemi powered Prius???

...and yes, I did own a Toyota. and yes, it was a way better car then what i grew up with in my itty-bitty years in Eastern Europe (any modern car would do that....)

maxresdefault.jpg

The people have spoken. They want the fuel economy comparable to a small car, but they want to sit up higher, cram more stuff in the back, and run over curbs without high-centering.

Have to admit that Jeep did a good job with the current Grand Cherokee....from a looks standpoint, anyway. It's a handsome, broad-shouldered SUV with impressive off-road abilities (used by 5% of consumers). I can't speak for the quality, but they look good.

The original Compass should've never happened. End of sentence.

Now that they've made the Compass look almost exactly like big brother Grand Cherokee, I can see one in traffic without cringing or eye pain, and can understand the appeal. I don't need such a vehicle, but there are plenty out there that are convinced they do. I'm neither here nor there on the Cherokee, although the facelift helped, IMO.

I normally stay on top of the changes that occur from generation to generation of vehicles, but the Wrangler has just fallen off my radar. Certain people (American muscle car fans, usually) complain that the Porsche 911 never seems to change. That's how I feel about the Wrangler. But the same argument applies....why mess with a successful recipe?

I was put off the Wrangler many generations ago when my best friend had one, and I needed a chiropractic visit after every ride I took with him. I'm sure that situation is better now, but again, I have no use for a vehicle like that.

Kudos to Jeep for their success. It'd be nice to see Toyota taken down a notch or two.

Nice video that is where Jeeps shine and shine very well.
Having said that 1/1000 vehicles are put through these stress models.
Get real, a volume vehicle needs to fit in those 999 minds and souls.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
With the exception of GC and Rubicon all other Jeep models are morally degrading to buy.

The Cherokee's "squinty eyes" are a little different but my wife's Cherokee is a really nice car. It rides and handles better than her 2012 Equinox it replaced.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Just turn the sound off

Great video but the tires beyond a capable AWD are the reason Jeep wins there. I am guessing the Land Rover has some sort of street oriented tire vs Jeep with an all-season with great snow capability or actual snow tires on it.

A better comparison would be Toyota(/Lexus?) SUV sales vs Jeep which only sells SUV's? Toyota Cars vs Jeep SUV's is sort of apples and oranges......

Originally Posted By: lovcom
Jeep and other Chrysler vehicles are rated the WORSE set of cars by ConsumerReports Magazine.

These Cheep, I mean Jeep cars have a reputation for having a lot of problems.

Except Jeep owners dont buy in to the fake news err CR [censored], they like the capability, performance looks, and lifestyle with other Jeepers and find the quality and luxury is as good if not better than the competition.

My 02 WJ 4.7 Laredo and 15 Hemi Overland have been stellar such that my wife will not buy anything but a Jeep.

you need to get out of your Prius and try some other vehichles, I have never heard anyone on their death bed say I wish I bought a car with better gas mileage LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back