Oldsmobile Returns thanks to Toyota!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting slow, it took me until April 2nd to get April fooled... good one.
thumbsup2.gif
I liked the Olds 88. We laugh now, but I've seen some strange stuff over the years. I was starting to think "wonder what the guys at work will think of this", glad it didn't get as far as me telling them the news.
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: psudaytona

Hey now. Don't diss the plain white crown vics, I happen to drive one. It was a cop car though. Granted that I don't slow traffic down, if anything I tend to get slowed down. I like nothing better than getting on that 4.6 and letting it growl :)

Exactly. I just bought a Mercury Grand Marquis. I love showing these young things in their little 4 bangers what a small block V8 will do!

Last edited:
To psudaytona, oldmaninsc (and anyone else in a Crown Vic/Grand Marquis--police package or civilian version):

My irritation is not directed towards the automobile, manufacturer, or engineeers behind said vehicle.

Better to quote Elwood Blues, to his emancipated from prison brother Jake in "The Blues Brothers."
"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

I have been driving down the road before when a representative of a local law enforcement agency has driven up fast behind and past me (like I'm sitting still), slam on the brakes, and exit off on some side road. Impressive. The Panther platform seems pretty durable and is inexpensive to maintain.

No, I wanted to make clear that the frustration is directed towards the senior-citizen driver of said vehicles, who drive as if they are trying to implement a rolling roadblock.

brianl703: the spotlight is what I try to identify. That is easier for me to spot at a distance than an antenna.

Last edited:
"I have been driving down the road before when a representative of a local law enforcement agency has driven up fast behind and past me (like I'm sitting still), slam on the brakes, and exit off on some side road. Impressive."

An ex-father-in-law who was retired CHP said that the Mopar cruisers would do an honest 155 mph. The Ferrari 308 was good for about 140 mph as I recall, and he said that one time when he hit the lights on one the guy took off. He just punched it, stayed on the guys tail and the guy finally stopped. When he went up to the driver he said something like "... I didn't know these Japanese cars could go that fast..." :^)

The CVPIs are limited to 130mph(driveshaft limitation). They easily climb to 80mph smoothly. Wish I had a chance to drive a Caprice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back