YTD 2018: Jeep Outselling all Toyota/Lexus Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
And the average American has 15,000 in credit card debt.
You don't want to be normal.

I feel bad for anyone who buys a Jeep

Why? My 2015 served me well and held it's value. I sure don't need any pity.

Not sure what credit card debt has to do with this thread.

Getting to the point where $15k is not earth shattering (one way or the other) is an opportunity wasted on some …

I can understand the Jeep jeeps … and the GC … but so many other odd and not fully thought out Jeeps being sold globally is not going to end well … make only two lines, then you’d make them better …

Originally Posted By: E365
Wrangler pickup coming soon. That’ll probably be a huge hit too.

https://www.motor1.com/news/237185/jeep-wrangler-pickup-april-2019/

My bet is it is another Grand Slam for them. No regrets buying either of my Jeeps. In fact they've been two of the best vehicles I've owned since around 1975 when I first started driving.

Every once in a while I get the urge for a 2018 JL Rubicon. Then I convince myself to give it a little more time. lol So far that has been working.

I think Jeep name is simply an entire perception and image for buyer. The products are more main stream now and that 4 door Wrangler just plain appealing to those who wanted that Jeep but it was so impractical as 2dr.

All the trash piles of going mainstream with first generation Compass/Patriot/Chrerokee are now vast improvements over first pas which at best we’re laughable cars.

Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler are also the two most American made cars in existence now. More % of domestic parts than anything else currently made.

Originally Posted By: OilFilters
Originally Posted By: itguy08
Still don't get the love for Jeep though.

It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand.

I wouldn't mind having a Jeep to wheel around in the woods, but surprisingly, there isn't that much for woods around here. Can't imagine wheeling a new Jeep though! but to each their own.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I liked my Jeep GC and Wranglers but, today they have Dumbed down the name Jeep by putting the name on undeserving vehicles. Ed

Today their sales are thru the roof. They still offer off road tuned models but that is a niche that carry for legacy folks like you. Most people just like the nice emblem and image of brand along with a (more) comfortable ride in the modern stuff.

I think the Compass and Cherokee look nice now in modern iterations

The Renegade looks like a smaller International Scout. I have been seeing a lot of new Jeeps lately so they are selling very well in this region.

I simply MUST go to my local Jeep dealer and see these new Wranglers!

Also (small point here): What's the big deal with the demise of the sedan? I "always" thought a sedan was a wasteful. Raise the trunk lid to roof height and add 3 pieces of glass. Voila, you've invented the station wagon.

Another thing they're doing is making the product a bit chunkier and higher. Ooohhhh, we have to call it an SUV or CUV or something else.

Big deal, it's just another shape of the same thing. No memorial service necessary.

Back in the '70's when the convertible was phased out.....now that was a reason to mourn. And that the Robin (English 3 wheeler) isn't imported....so sad.

Originally Posted By: supton

There are some extremely expensive Jeeps. The new Trackhawk is like 130 grand up here.

Originally Posted By: supton

I have two of both.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
There are some extremely expensive Jeeps. The new Trackhawk is like 130 grand up here.

Didn't realize they got that expensive! not surprised though.

Posted in jest. I went to find the pic below but found that instead.

Why? I've got two and they are the most enjoyable and versatile vehicles I've ever owned.

Btw, I feel even more badly for anyone who lives in Chicago.
grin.gif

I took my new JL off-road with only about 1500 miles on it. That's what they were made to do! It was outstanding. My old JK is excellent off road, but the JL is better. It has better gearing, a better clutch, more suspension flex and rides better. It also has slightly better ground clearance, in stock form. (My JL now has MUCH better clearance and breakover angle, with the lift and 315's.)

I just took the hard top off and installed the soft top. It is light years ahead of previous soft top designs. It is incredibly easy to open the sunrider or put it all the way down. You can almost do it with one hand. It takes about 20 seconds to completely take it down or put it up. The material is of high quality, and the windows are very easy to install or take off. This new design is just incredibly well thought out and executed. I'm closing in on 5k miles and have had zero issues. It is solid as a rock and has very nice power. I'm getting 17.5 mpg (actual, and indicated) with 35" tires and a heavy right foot, due to the great Aisin transmission and a wonderful note from a Magnaflow axle back exhaust. It is just plain fun! Here's a pic after a quick wash and Turtle Wax Ice application yesterday.

HLtlaF4.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IndyFan

Why? I've got two and they are the most enjoyable and versatile vehicles I've ever owned.

Btw, I feel even more badly for anyone who lives in Chicago.
grin.gif

I took my new JL off-road with only about 1500 miles on it. That's what they were made to do! It was outstanding. My old JK is excellent off road, but the JL is better. It has better gearing, a better clutch, more suspension flex and rides better. It also has slightly better ground clearance, in stock form. (My JL now has MUCH better clearance and breakover angle, with the lift and 315's.)

I just took the hard top off and installed the soft top. It is light years ahead of previous soft top designs. It is incredibly easy to open the sunrider or put it all the way down. You can almost do it with one hand. It takes about 20 seconds to completely take it down or put it up. The material is of high quality, and the windows are very easy to install or take off. This new design is just incredibly well thought out and executed. I'm closing in on 5k miles and have had zero issues. It is solid as a rock and has very nice power. I'm getting 17.5 mpg (actual, and indicated) with 35" tires and a heavy right foot, due to the great Aisin transmission and a wonderful note from a Magnaflow axle back exhaust. It is just plain fun! Here's a pic after a quick wash and Turtle Wax Ice application yesterday.

HLtlaF4.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back